Changi hyundai reclaimed land

zali
edited July 2005 in Catch Reports
Hiya folks...just wondering whether anyone have any other secret entrance to this location. Me and my friend usual entrance is about 1 km after the last Changi carpark..but to those uninitiated that entrance is blocked by a metal gantry. However, ya can actually squeeze thru by the grass patch beside the drain. Me fren can even squeeze his van between the drain and the big stone (but dont try it if ya not too confident tho or else end up waiting for a tow truck).

Well for those who been there seem the place kinda full of promises. The last visit me and my fren went to(about 2 months ago) manage to catch one helluva kemejan or shovel head shark. Not sure how heavy it was but it was about 1.6 metre. Cut it up to lotsa nice chunks..great for makin curry tho. One great fight we had.. Ya can actually hold to the rod and ya body totally bend back to the ground (must be thankful for the Penn rod able to withstand that kinda pull from the fish).

But the danger part was the van stuck into the soft sand.. So be careful to those drivin into the area. Remember to bring a jack and lotsa planks to place under the wheel. We were stucked for nearly 2 hours. WIth lotsa cursin and occasional prayer..we managed to drive back to harder ground.Phew ..not a good experience...was about to make a suicidal
attempt of flinging the damned fish out of the van. But cooler head and the need to see the fish in a curry pot prevail in the end.

Hmm..lastly anyone have any other stories regardin that site and fave. entrance site? Actually will the police catch us if we fish in that area too??
  • physlo2
    Kemejan seh...congrats dude. 8) Any pic to share? Been longing to hook on one on a surf outfit. Still searching......lah

cheers!
    physlo2..
  • Evolution
    Kemejan ? Wooo.....

Where were you fishing ?

We had the whole place mapped out... but still looking for the one or many elusive dropoffs.

regards
  • Kemejan
    physlo2" said:
    Kemejan seh...congrats dude. 8) Any pic to share? Been longing to hook on one on a surf outfit. Still searching......lah

cheers!
    physlo2..
    alamak super power dah mamat. juz got the nick only still waiting for real fish.... kemejan oh kemejan. :supz: :supz: :supz:
  • Derrick Lim
    Kemejan" said:
    [quote="physlo2"]Kemejan seh...congrats dude. 8) Any pic to share? Been longing to hook on one on a surf outfit. Still searching......lah

cheers!
    physlo2..
    alamak super power dah mamat. juz got the nick only still waiting for real fish.... kemejan oh kemejan. :supz: :supz: :supz:[/quote]
    i am still waiting for it too........ :prayer: :smt102
  • propunk
    aiSEY~MAn!!!!!,COngraTS Bro...
  • imza
    hi there,i caught a kemejan there too about two months ago.(paiseh...actually my friend help me land the fish as i was busy catching bait fish 80meters away)was using surfleader 405cxt+abu big game 6500cl and live mempinang as bait. i can tell u the fight was great man....lost a bigger one 3 months ago.fight lasted about 30 minutes before the fish escape.due to lack of experience,pull the shockleader when the fish was near the shore and end up with a straighten hook.overall the place still look promising as i have witness people landing big fish.might be fishing this weekend.
  • zali
    Here goes nothin..hope the photo appear tho..(1st time lahh)

• zali
    phew....got the picture up after numerous resizin...

Thats the fish and thats the toilet where we sembelih the fish into slices..ohhh the bait use was cumi-cumi or small squid caught near the Changi yatch club shore...actually the whole Changi can catch these kinda baits.

The bad part is after catchin this fish there was no action for the whole nite tho..do you think this fish is territorial and no other fishes kinda play around its area...just a theory.
  • Botakmigrain
    fuyoo.... :shock: respect sama lu lah abg zali..... :prayer: :supz:
  • Jeremy Koh
    Good Day

Thats a awesome catch, i believe many of us are waiting to get our first one.

Regards
  • physlo2
    Jeremy Koh" said:
    Good Day

Regards
    Including me.. :cry: :cry: .

cheers!
  • Amberjack Hunter
    Jeremy Koh wrote:
    Good Day

Regards

Including me.. .

Physlo,..I give u some legendary tip...to catch the elusive SR or Kemejan.... make sure you dip your baits with kemenyan arab & then asap with setanggi instead of tuna oil to entice the fella....cast out then just wait & see lah whats comin your way next..... from the sea or land ...your nasib lah.... 8) :P

Rgds
    Bro RK
  • zali
    Evolution" said:
    Kemejan ? Wooo.....

Where were you fishing ?

We had the whole place mapped out... but still looking for the one or many elusive dropoffs.

regards
    Hiya Evo.....actually kinda difficult to state the actual location tho..Me and my fren usually start finding the workers quarters (large livin containers)..thats our route mark. Then depends on the mood either we bashed to the left or right side towards the coasts.

Another thing is to park ya vehicle a bit far from the coastline..coz the sand get pretty soft near the water. Better to walk abit than to be stranded with a sinkin vehicle.

At time kinda get lost too when we couldnt find the route back..so not advisable to go alone....
  • Din
    physlo2" said:
    [quote="Jeremy Koh"]Good Day

Regards

cheers![/quote]

Brader,
    Bila mau proceed location????Rod,reel collecting dust.hehehe

Rgds,
    Din..
  • SurfMan
    Din" said:
    [quote="physlo2"][quote="Jeremy Koh"]Good Day

Regards

cheers![/quote]

Brader,

Rgds,
    Din..[/quote]

Bro,

Want to get Kemejan go to Sentosa underwater world. He he. :smt046

Does a blue super4 bike in Hyundai rings a bell to you. He he. :supz:
  • Din
    SurfMan" said:
    [quote="Din"][quote="physlo2"][quote="Jeremy Koh"]Good Day

Regards

cheers![/quote]

Brader,

Rgds,
    Din..[/quote][/quote]

Bro,

Want to get Kemejan go to Sentosa underwater world. He he. :smt046

Does a blue super4 bike in Hyundai rings a bell to you. He he. :supz:

Wah!!!!!!Ozzy Osbourne :supz: :!: :!:
    Been long time heard from you,man.Senyap2 understudying the arts
    of casting huh =D>
    Never tot of getting a Kemejan,fat chance!
    Must asap my rod wif KEMENYAN first,then maybe........
    How can I 4get your blue bike,bro.

Rgds,
    Din..
  • Aero_GT
    imza" said:
    hi there,i caught a kemejan there too about two months ago.(paiseh...actually my friend help me land the fish as i was busy catching bait fish 80meters away)was using surfleader 405cxt+abu big game 6500cl and live mempinang as bait. i can tell u the fight was great man....lost a bigger one 3 months ago.fight lasted about 30 minutes before the fish escape.due to lack of experience,pull the shockleader when the fish was near the shore and end up with a straighten hook.overall the place still look promising as i have witness people landing big fish.might be fishing this weekend.
    I thought 405cxt is a telescopic??How come telescopic can use multiplier on it n nothing happen to the line or the blank???? :roll:
  • imza
    yes,its a telescopic rod and i've been using this setup all the while =) infact i have another rod which is the Surf Cast 405 CXT that i use with abu 6500C3CT Sport Rocket MII.to be honest wif u,i hantam only lah.....so far so good.
    best regards,
    azmi
  • Evolution
    Bro Zali.

When are you going again ?

regards
    James
  • zali
    Yo James Evo,

it been raining quite frequently le..usually during the nite and early morning (fishin time) so been staying home. Not sure when i'm gonna set me foot back to Hyundai. Another thingy need my fren to go there as he the one with the transportation so kena wait when he's free. But it will be nice to fish with one of the fishingkakis.

In the meantime been practicing my casting at Pasir Ris Beach(near my home).
  • propunk
    ehk zali...,where u oways cast???,must ajak me go casting oso....
  • zali
    Yoh bro pro.

usual spot behind the aloha chalet le...ada lampu sikit so not that scary compare to the other side near Jalan kayu. Banyak pakcik2 in the evening at that area but usually i fish alone le.
    Saw ya picture with the pari caught in pasir ris. didnt know ya can get pari in PR...
    Bro gua maseh amateur le..so still got problem castin with my Penn multiplier. Thats why le choose secluded spot at PR to practise..H/e hope to see ya around PR..(better wear ya skull cap with pakalolo design for easier recognition)*s*
  • propunk
    exchange no. uh...,i oways cast on sat. this sat. u free might be goin down hunting for gelama n duri...,juz leave ur contact no. or u can call me... 97316539
  • hantu_pancing
    er can i kepoh2 n join? :oops:
  • propunk
    there's no harm in joining...castin/fishing....juz ring me up...
  • zali
    Bro pro,

Thanks for the invitation...h/e i'm workin shift le..so workin on the weekends too..susah sikit goin fishin on sat-sun: family day le or else kena pelangkung by the wife.
    Today I'm off so itchin to go down to the beach...anywhere will try to follow ya in the future,,again thank you.
  • Jacy
    Amberjack Hunter" said:
    Jeremy Koh wrote:
    Good Day

Regards

Including me.. .

Physlo,..I give u some legendary tip...to catch the elusive SR or Kemejan.... make sure you dip your baits with kemenyan arab & then asap with setanggi instead of tuna oil to entice the fella....cast out then just wait & see lah whats comin your way next..... from the sea or land ...your nasib lah.... 8) :P

Rgds
    Bro RK
    If still can't get the fish, maybe can ask for 4-D number also :P
  • propunk
    zali" said:
    Bro pro,

Thanks for the invitation...h/e i'm workin shift le..so workin on the weekends too..susah sikit goin fishin on sat-sun: family day le or else kena pelangkung by the wife.
    Today I'm off so itchin to go down to the beach...anywhere will try to follow ya in the future,,again thank you.
    abit hard for you uh???,nemind uh...,there's always next time...,if ur goin down...,find me at waterbreaker 13 1/2. i be there till nite...
  • zali
    Roger that pro...13 1/2 dekat mana?? what time ya gonna start casting on this Saturday? Kalau dapat permission from the Home Affair Minister I try to jenguk2 le..tangkap skill sikit.
  • dcool
    Jacy" said:

If still can't get the fish, maybe can ask for 4-D number also :P
    :lol: haha.. someone once told me that too! haha..
This discussion has been closed.
TRIPS
© Copyright 2020