Nimo
edited November 2006 in Catch Reports
Following the trial catch with Angmo on 22nd Oct, results was ok:

http://www.fishingkaki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27020

Tonight warrior mentioned must bring heavy artillery, so was wondering

Exori solid carbon III 5" 8lbs ---> Jigrex PE3
Shimano Alivio 1000FA modified (2500 as back up) ---> Ultegra 4000
Owner 1/0 hooks, dupont, small floats, etc
Pre-tied rigs with luminous beads (4 in a row)
Live prawns with good live well

When I reached there, Warrior SMS me: Very crowded!! When I saw the crowd, I could not believe my eyes! :shock: There were so many firing squads!! Not even having a place to stand! For a moment, I wanted to go home. Warrior and his brother Peter started fishing at opposite side. I joined him and found that there I was standing in a row of 16 guys/rods facing the opposite of another row of at least 10-12 guys/rods. I managed to persuade Warrior and his brother to move to the usual productive location.

After that, I did not feel very encouraged. The Riverland staff were there. Many Riverland and Changi Pro customers were there. :shock: How to fish??

Nevertheless I joined in the crowd. Some masters (familiar faces) and Peter, Warrior's brother keep landing fishings. That time Kambong was the in thing. Prawns were not wanted by the fishes !! :? Slowly I picked up by using half prawns. But it was a funny feeling keep seeing other land fishes because that got a good spot!

• warrior
    Hi Nimo

Wow! Great CR as usual. And this is the last time that I am going on a holiday eve and trying to compete with everybody!

Was one of those days for me. My brother was hitting the fishes whilst I was trying to catch mosquitoes. Lets put it this way - it was a rather unproductive night for me but for my brother, its business as usual.

On the thief, he was behind me and suddenly there was this great SHOUT by another guy sitting near by. He was shouting in Mandarin and I "catch no ball". I only realised that he was trying to flick your stuff when you came back and the good Samaritan told you about the thief.

That chap/thief is good. He was sitting there for more than 30 minutes and was waiting like a vulture. When you were gone, he started his move. The scariest part of the whole episode was that when he was confronted, he just acted like he picked up your bag by "accident". He than nonchalantly walked away like nothing happened.

Next time, watch out for this foreign Chinese chap (you can know him by his accent). He's slightly balding, quite tanned looking, medium built and about 1.65 m. He just sits there waiting and passes himself as a interested visitor looking at people angling.

This time when we go, we look for fish and this chap.

Your guardian Angel was watching over you and your stuff last night.

Till the next time.
  • Nimo
    Harlo Warrior, friends,

Yes indeed. Because of the beer I had to go toilet many times. Usually I do not bring anything valuable. The bag had just a spare reel and that night I had my old HP in it. He must had heard the HP (non stop calling from Kakis and femal old tiger). That night was too many people there. It was a good thing I chatted with the good Samaritan while fishing, so they were watching over many things.

Back to fishing, I think that night if you defended the good spot with Peter the yield will be good. The old timers all refused to leave the net area, and that was why when they left I managed to hook up the rest. Actually I did not count my fishes. It was when I went home then I knew I go more.

So basically, the following rigs are recommend:

1. 1.5m long rig using not more than 25 lbs dupont 1/0 sharp hook with flashes and split shot for bottom: Kim and Ngor killer.
    2. 1m long rig 20lbs bottom rig with smallest split shot : Kim killer
    3. 1.6m long rig free running 20lbs dupong : ang chor and pomfret

I think prawn is the only effective bait. The reason I managed to hit the fishes during the first hour was a combination of shelled and whole prawn. I learned that having a good live prawn well is very important.

For Golden pomfret and angChot seems that dead prawns works , but a bit slow. I will try again next time.

How about groupa??I have not caught any yet!!

Next time, we choose a woo loo day , Thursday evening is usually very ULU woo loo and we can have the pond all by ourselves. Some more now we friend friend with Ah Neh, he will put more fishes for us!!
  • Jordan488
    may i know whats a split shot? hehe sorry i newbie
    is it a small piece of lead with a split on one side that you can use a plier n cramp it on to the leader?
  • Nimo
    Exactly. Use the smallest possible. Too big will kill your chance.

I was sitting at Punggol pond in the afternoon for one hour to observe fishing. I found that those who used very heavy pondage (40 lbs) dupont landed zero fish. The thinner the line the better. Maybe I will try 15lbs in future. Day fishing the line has to be thinner. Night fishing the soft 25lbs is the most to go.

Those with heavy shots or sinker also no business. I believe when the fish feel the resistance it will stop pulling.

Those with size 5/0 hook also no business. Size 1/0 owner is now my preferred choice. Size 1/0 Pioneer or size 1/0 mustard salt water also good.

I tried gang hooks and others etc. I also want to add that I lost 5 fishes that night. All due to using some gang hook or odd hook rig.
  • Jordan488
    how many hooks are allow in prp event pond? the last time i when there i put a 5 hook rig n the guy say can onli use 1 hook.. but i when there the other time i saw one guy using 2 hooks on a floater split. is there any offical rule for the most hooks allow on a rig?
  • Nimo
    The rule says that you can only use one hook/bait. You cannot use paternoster rig. I tried using paternoster once (cheating) but it was no good.

One the main pond I tried paternoster and usually the bait kenna stolen by small fish. So I gang hook (two in one) and usually got very small puny fish or lost bait. I lost interest in the main pond already.

The best is still use a 'walk the prawn' or 'bottom prawn' one hook. You will find it is pretty effective and fun!
  • Nimo
    Jordan488" said:
    how many hooks are allow in prp event pond? the last time i when there i put a 5 hook rig n the guy say can onli use 1 hook.. but i when there the other time i saw one guy using 2 hooks on a floater split. is there any offical rule for the most hooks allow on a rig?
    :shock: What is a 5 hook combination ??!!
  • Jordan488
    5 hook on apollo rig lor lol once i cast straight tio a 2 kg kim
  • Nimo
    Ha ha !! Buffet the Kim cannot tahan.... wack!! ha ha!!
  • Jordan488
    ya lor but once i cast n wanted to tension the line the rod bend wah shiok leh... reel Zzzzzzzz then the kaki all look wah simi big fish then the boss also come n look at me hook up the fish.. when i hook up he told me cannnot use 5 hook.... zzzzz but lucky never ask me to put my 2kg kim back in the pond..
  • Nimo
    ha ha the boss is a nice guy. Some times you tell him nicely no fish he will help....
  • Jordan488
    i still put my 5 hook rig on my bag in case one day i have 2 fish lol i will chiong the 5 hook again >< my rate always is 0-3 leh have to break my record to 4 fish next time =D
  • warrior
    Hi Nimo

I still got a day off-in-lieu for Deepavali. Will target a non-peak period that's for sure. Its just that I dont fancy getting squashed, unlike my brother who will mix in with everyone. You can see why he catches more fish than me!! :)

Next time we go, we start at 9 pm and get that spot!! :D :D

With our total CR, we had 16 fishes. :D :D The groups that fished ont he same spot had more than 10 fishes for sure. Not bad esp for people who say that there isnt much action in the pond. :? :?

Will be off for a overseas trip next week and when I get back will call ya.
  • Nimo
    Hi Warrior

Call me . Fix a date weekdays. I think we are hooked for sure!!

God bless! :D

Jon
  • warrior
    Hey Nimo

Put the theft incident on FK's general page to alert other kakis on the theft episode.

Here's the link.

http://www.fishingkaki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27132

Next time, we will go and hunt these crooks. Will get my friend who is a cop to come along the next time. Make it easier to arrest him if he tries the stunt again :x
  • Nimo
    Got it Brother.
  • mediacraze
    that was a superb CR...

long time nvr visit PRP leh...

may be can join you guys next time?
    let me know when ok....
  • Nimo
    Bro, the haze has an effect on the water. Check my post in General Fishing :(
  • warrior
    mediacraze" said:
    that was a superb CR...

let me know when ok....
    Hi Mediacraze

Always nice to meet and fish with new people. Probably going on the 2nd week of Nov after I get back from my overseas trip. Will PM you.

Cheers
  • mediacraze
    warrior" said:
    [quote="mediacraze"]that was a superb CR...

let me know when ok....
    Hi Mediacraze

Always nice to meet and fish with new people. Probably going on the 2nd week of Nov after I get back from my overseas trip. Will PM you.

Cheers[/quote]

Thanks...

Have a safe trip, take care
  • simonxxx
    Hi Nimo,

Great work at the pond there. :D

If i ever spot the thief there i will kick his ass myself. Thanks for the update.

:smt071

Cheers mate.
  • Nimo
    Hi

I am going there this evening with some angmo. Hope to bash some fish up!! :smt117

:D :D :D :D