Convert Spinning Rod to conventional Rod

dingo190
edited November 2014 in Rods
Hi kaki,

Sorry is this is a bad idea..
I got a corny Rod Pe 6-8 Spinning 6'6...
Wanting to convert to conven Rod...

Not sure isit possible as i'd seen some usa it's possible but make sure the spine is in the right place.
any advice ?

thanks
leong
  • miyata
    Its possible I'm sure but it might cost more then buying similarly price overhead rod . Imo
  • dingo190
    miyata" said:
    Its possible I'm sure but it might cost more then buying similarly price overhead rod . Imo

Oo Really ? any builder to recommend?
  • miyata
    You can try Jeffery 9742 8579.
    Bring rod down and show him .
    He will advise if its feasible or not.
  • dingo190
    alright man thank you = )
  • Anthony Lee
    Hi,
    I built my last rod about 4 years ago. You can still see some of my work here from page 8 backwards.
    Like you, I reinstated some of my old rods and rebuilt them. The first one was bad to look at but good to fish. After about 10 rods, I discovered that I enjoyed rod building and thereafter, built hundreds of rods, mostly for myself and my friends.

If you are considering rebuilding an old rod, you must consider the following:
    1. There is a cost element in stripping an old rod and reinstating the blank. So, you must balance such cost with the price of a new blank.
    2. Consider the cost of parts and labour to rebuild the rod. If they outweigh the cost of the old blank, it may not be worthwhile, unless you some sentimental attachment to the rod.
    3. Will it be cheaper to just buy another new rod from the shelf or even customizing one.

My recommendation is for you to take this opportunity and learn to do it yourself, like what I did long long ago.

Cheers
    Anthony Lee
  • dingo190
    Anthony Lee" said:
    Hi,
    I built my last rod about 4 years ago. You can still see some of my work here from page 8 backwards.
    Like you, I reinstated some of my old rods and rebuilt them. The first one was bad to look at but good to fish. After about 10 rods, I discovered that I enjoyed rod building and thereafter, built hundreds of rods, mostly for myself and my friends.

If you are considering rebuilding an old rod, you must consider the following:
    1. There is a cost element in stripping an old rod and reinstating the blank. So, you must balance such cost with the price of a new blank.
    2. Consider the cost of parts and labour to rebuild the rod. If they outweigh the cost of the old blank, it may not be worthwhile, unless you some sentimental attachment to the rod.
    3. Will it be cheaper to just buy another new rod from the shelf or even customizing one.

My recommendation is for you to take this opportunity and learn to do it yourself, like what I did long long ago.

Cheers
    Anthony Lee
    thanks anthony,