CR Hot Boys 13 - 15 Oct

miaows
edited October 2006 in Catch Reports
Planned to go for a 2D 2N trip with my parents to HB but my father dropped out at the last minute cos he was not feeling very well (old people's complains...) so in the end 9 of us (ET, Neil, Uncle Tan, Daryl, Joshua, Ronald, Ivy, my mom and myself) managed to set off on 13/10 in the evening.
  • Kaix
    miaows" said:
    Planned to go for a 2D 2N trip with my parents to HB but my father dropped out at the last minute cos he was not feeling very well (old people's complains...) so in the end 9 of us (ET, Neil, Uncle Tan, Daryl, Joshua, Ronald, Ivy, my mom and myself) managed to set off on 13/10 in the evening. :D

The pickup points for the bus was Bedok Interchange Macdonald's and Causeway Point taxi stand. We managed to find each other and soon, were on our way across the Causeway. The bus driver switched on the VCD player but he only had WWF stuff :cry: so I expected to sleep all the way till Tanjong Leman... :smt015

But I was wrong! :shock: We had a rather exciting moment just before we reached the Malaysian checkpoint. Our driver was so eager to bring us to our destination that he actually cut into the motorcycle lane. Even when many motorcylists sounded their horns, he ignored them totally. He was relentlessly pushing onwards when he actually knocked into a motorcyclist. [-( Instead of apologising, he said the guy didn't know how to drive. Immediately, a whole gang (about 10?) of them stopped their vehicles and walked over to the van to challange our driver. He refused to back down and a shouting match soon started, escalating into physical assult when they started to bang our van with their fists and even helmets. :smt107 (Ask ET about his experience as he was sitting beside the driver!)

They were speaking in Malay so I could not understand anything. All of us just sat there quietly :smt087 and waited for our driver to settle the problem that he started. Luckily, he was not so stupid as to get out of the van, so after a while, the motorcyclists gave up and drove off. Phew....

Ok, enough about the journey. Let's talk about the fish. After arriving at HB around 130am, we set up our stuff and started fishing :smt066 . Very soon, I caught a saitoh on jig and went on to catch 3 more that night. As my mother had never fished before, I set up a tamban jig for her to practice in preparation for tamban/kunning/selar etc. Imagine my surprise when the very first fish she caught was a saitoh that tried to swallow the metal weight. She was obviously very happy and excited to have a reasonably sized fish as her first catch as she had expected to catch kunnings! :smt023 (She caught another saitoh with the same method very soon after.)

Ok, I shall just fast forward to my total catch :smt003 : 6 saitohs, 1 kaci, about 10 rabbitfish, 2 sotongs and around 2kg of tamban/kunning/selar etc.

This is actually quite sad so I didn't take any photos... :oops:
    We were unfortunately not able to shoot many rabbitfish this trip as they were renovating the 'hole' outside the kitchen. Instead of a narrow walkway that allowed 2 persons, there is now an L-shaped 'corridor' you can stand on. Also, there were more than 80 people on the kelong and it was not easy to fish! I really think I'll never make a weekend trip again...

Oh! When we were on the ferry ready to leave, this guy fought and landed a 13kg cobia right in front of our eyes! I'm so jealous...
    congrat to your Mon..good catch :)
  • Icebomb
    Good one there dude! I also caught my saitohs on similar tamban hook style during my stay there! :wink:
  • Nimo
    Hey fantastic family outing!!

It is fantastic to see your mum hit a home run with a Saito! I was once fishing whole night caught nothing!! Well done!! :D
  • ANGEL OF DEATH
    A very supporting mother indeed.....
  • Lancer
    not bad leh... 1st catch is a saitoh, congrats to your mom =D> =D> =D>

how come reach the kelong so late at 1:30am? causeway jam very serious? or the arrogant driver drove very very slow?

anyway i can still rmber vividly that my 1st catch was a stingray :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: but on a handline lar :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • Inverted^Decency
    nice size for bait.. that size meat not much.. use for bait is good.