The Eupro Salty Fighter Thread

calvinktlim
edited August 2014 in General Fishing
Hi all,

I think that the Salty Fighter by Eupro has been recommended as a "good" all round rod to many cost conscious beginner kakis who want to do some fishing but are not sure what they want to catch or even where they will go fishing.

For the benefit for new and potential Salty Fighter owners, can current owners of this rod share what they have been using it for and their choice of reel pairing?

I have been using it for Tamban Sabiki fishing and baiting with Apollo Rigs (no catch yet) and pair it with a Cat King 3000 reel (from Joe Tackle) - It's probably not the best/most correct setup, is also why I started this thread....
  • SportAngler
    I am using the OH version. Mainly for Madai up to 100gm. Caught lots of Gao.
    Pair with Curado E7.
    A value for money rod.
  • FishingKaki.com
    Official Eupro Salty Fighter Thread - let's do it!

The bend
    GT on salty fighter - YouTube
  • Melmok
    Hi,
    Can anyone advice which tackle shop carry the limited edition rods ? Thanks
  • stormmac
    Use it at malaysia fishing pond and landed a 6kg gt pair with twinpower c3000
  • Staphylococcus
    Caught a 5kg Tenggiri on the rod, paired up with a Shimano Saros 2500 reel, 20lb braid.

Its a good rod, may not be as 'glamorous' as the other branded rods, but it gets the job done nicely.
  • ming yang
    Melmok" said:
    Hi,
    Can anyone advice which tackle shop carry the limited edition rods ? Thanks
    HI. the tackle shop at bedok carry the limited edition ones the shop is called zheng hui enterprise if am not wrong
  • Melmok
    Will check it out , thank u very much bro
  • ming yang
    Melmok" said:
    Will check it out , thank u very much bro
    Welcome :)
    Hope they still have the rods
  • Lecundra
    wow, I didn't know there was a butt-joint version available now. Even when it was a mid-joint rod, it was an excellent rod for jigging.
  • greg宇
    Great rod not flashy rod but performance is good. All my kakis own 1 of this rod regards baitcast or spinning..... land Patin 12kg at FW3........ Sincere tackle shop sell too.......
  • mfbmf2
    Would a 40lb line and 50lb leader work well for the SF? 
  • Freakinfart
    bro nope.. better dont la lol..
  • monstrad
    mfbmf2 said:
    Would a 40lb line and 50lb leader work well for the SF? 

why not?

the only concern is rod will break way before mainline break

I use oversize mainline only when I m heavy cover fishing where I need the thickness to be more abrasive resistant

example in LSR MRT grounds where its full of weeds