CR: KBL fishing in BKK

Red Rooster
edited October 2006 in Catch Reports
Had one afternoon to spare for fishing.
So i decided to go KBL fishing in BangPagong
Called up to arrange for the fishing. Spoke a guy call Eak(pronounce Egg)

He quoted $1000 baht to fish in the private KBL pond. For transportation he could arrange for $2000 baht.
I checked with the Hotel people how much it would cost to go out there. They said Taxi would not go out there and wait for you while you fished. Private van would cost $3500 baht. So i took up Eak's transportation offer. It was actually quite a waste on my part, i could of shared cost for the van if i had gone with some buddies and the fishing cost quoted was for a whole day of fishing.

He arrived at my hotel slightly before 12noon, so we proceed to the fishing place in the direction of Chonburi which was about 1 1/2 hour outside of central Bangkok.

We first reached a big pong about the size of Prp main pond. I saw quite a few anglers luring. Eak told me this was a catch and release pond but not the pond i am to fish.
The owner of the private pond arrived in his 4wd and took us to a nearby farm , about 10mins away.

We stopped at a pond about the size of 5-6 basketball courts. Eak told me this pond was stocked with fish in the range of 5-10kgs.

As i this was officially my business trip , i had to travel light and concealed.
My arsenal was:
Rod: Shimano Bass One XT 4-10lbs spinning
Reel: Daiwa Emblem Z 1500iA
Line: fireline 10lbs
Lures: assortment of lure, Maria XJ SW and angel kiss, Lucky craft Yawarra.

Caught a few fish ranging between 10lbs to 10lbs. Had many fish lost because of opened hooks. So next time i'm there, would go with higher rating hooks. Missed three big fish because of opened hooks.

Left the place about 5:30pm very satisfied. The drive back was longer as we had to contend with evenning peak hour traffic.

The contact for Eak is + 66 (0) 1274 2118.
He speaks reasonable good english. He is actaully a columnist for a thai local fishing magazine.

Here are some of the pictures.

• chris75
    :D :D :D :D nice catch :D :D :D :D
  • ChrisT
    Steady la!!! Should cure the fishing itch for a short while.....
  • Ghani
    From the smiles, I am definitely sure that you are having a good time.

I am still itching all over. But not for long. Bringing the village (wife & daughters) there next month.
  • localfishio
    This is a CNR pond like the BSR, except the fish they stockup is barra?
  • lennicoim
    They pond you bash ,is it a CNR or ???
    3000 baht is = to S$ ???
    How many hours allowed ?
    Any idea can share rod ??
  • xiaoing u fish
    wow lenni....kena 4d huh .....wan to go bangkok fishing is it
  • lennicoim
    xiaoing u fish" said:
    wow lenni....kena 4d huh .....wan to go bangkok fishing is it
    ya Kena but is kena makan
  • xiaoing u fish
    lennicoim" said:
    [quote="xiaoing u fish"]wow lenni....kena 4d huh .....wan to go bangkok fishing is it
    ya Kena but is kena makan[/quote]

wan to go or not...you bring your wife and family....i bring my wife and go togther.....a lot cheaper wor.....dun forget i work wat line....
  • Freddie Lai
    Nice little CR you've put-up.
    Any FR to add?

:lol:
    Cheers.
  • man_power

Bro red,

What lure is this? Sinking of floating?
    Congrats

Thanks..
  • Red Rooster
    ChrisT" said:
    Steady la!!! Should cure the fishing itch for a short while.....
    Yes Chris, stopped the itch for a while.
    I do think it was worth it.
  • Red Rooster
    Ghani" said:
    From the smiles, I am definitely sure that you are having a good time.

I am still itching all over. But not for long. Bringing the village (wife & daughters) there next month.
    Thanks Ghani, yes i had a good time on such light setup.
    Are you going to do any fishing while you there?
  • Red Rooster
    localfishio" said:
    This is a CNR pond like the BSR, except the fish they stockup is barra?
    Yes, the pond is stocked with Barras' only. Big and decent fighters all of them.
  • Red Rooster
    bloatedfish" said:
    Nice little CR you've put-up.
    Any FR to add?

:lol:
    Cheers.
    Hey Bro.. only got CR.
    Too innocent for any FRs. Also too scared. Dunno kanna male or female barra.
  • Red Rooster
    man_power" said:

Bro red,

What lure is this? Sinking of floating?
    Congrats

Thanks..
    That lure is Maria SW floating.
  • Red Rooster
    Forgot to mention, just the other day i was cleaning and changing the hooks on the lures then i realise one of my lures is missing.
    :evil: F*&^ #@* S*&#%!!!!
    I recall while i was fishing there was one guy(worker) riding a motor bike that came up and hanged around for awhile when i was fishing. At that i time i didn't really take notice of my lure box sitting on the bench. This fella was very close to my lure box. I didn't expect the worker would do such a thing and steal my lure.

The lure was a Maria Angel Kiss , glitter white.

So guys, just a warning and head-ups about leaving your equipment unattended.

Cheers and good fishing to you all.
  • Kaix
    Very big catch

:) :shock:
  • Eak
    Hi Mr.
    It's me "Eak"
    I just saw your post that you lost some lure. :shock: Pleas accept my apologize for that. [-o< I will try to take it back to you as my best however if the worker took your lure for real he won't tell me the true anywhere. So i have to apologize to you for let him hang around your stuff. By the way How are you Mr. and thank you for your post. Hope we will go for KBL together soonly many monster KBL are wating for you.

Till the day whene we meet each other again take care. :weedman:

• joeyjoey
    Red Rooster" said:
    more pics..
    very very big.! :shock: