Custom rod enquiry

kancheongspider
edited May 2014 in Rods
Hi bros,

Any bro can provide me some detail on custom rod building and also contacts of rod builder

I will provide the new blank .
What is the cost of workmanship and accessories building a OH pe 3-6 custom rod for jigging / bottom ?

Please enlighten me, any input are greatly appreciated
  • Luke Maow Bear
    kancheongspider" said:
    Hi bros,

Any bro can provide me some detail on custom rod building and also contacts of rod builder

I will provide the new blank .
    What is the cost of workmanship and accessories building a OH pe 3-6 custom rod for jigging / bottom ?

Please enlighten me, any input are greatly appreciated
    By posting here, a Rod Builder will find you, we have a few on this thread. There is Custom Anglers and Garfeel are the 2 that pop in my head

Cost of Blank is borne by you, so that is no issue.

There are few things Guides, Rod Seat and Workmanship - expect to pay anywhere from $150 ~ $350; now, I say this with a caveat as you may choose Titanium Guides or you may choose the most expensive Reel Seat and ask for threading in the shape of a flamingo.

If you ask for all these weird and wonderful things the price sky rockets in access of $550; if it gets too expensive, forget it altogether and just get an off the shelf solution.

By the way what is your blank? As this is a part of if it is worth while at all and you can valuate the decision from there.

I must advise you to make the rod builder commit to your designs, as I have had a situation where the rod builder did not listen to my specifications and worse still uses customers as guinea pigs to test there designs out.

Keep the rod naked, epoxy has to be thin, and try not to make flamingos as your thread wrap :)

And lastly, listen to yourself, go in with the idea of rod and how you want things to look, don't leave it up to the builder to tell you what should be done, and again, make sure they commit do your specifications.

Good luck.