Sibu Kelong 27th - 29th September

Ftorres87
edited October 2006 in Catch Reports
Was a real last minute planned trip up to Sibu Kelong, and it turned out really delightful for me too. We left Singapore for Sibu at 7, and reached there approximately at 9+ a.m., while in the car, a couple of us were asleep. Effects of the champions league night the night before I guess.

The boat was a little slow in picking us, and I thought that it could have been faster. When we reached the kelong, we quickly settled down and quickly set up the rods for jigging and surf casting. Personally for me, I've been really inexperienced with fishing, especially so considering that I was at the kelong. But as I started fishing at Sibu that day, the lessons that ezonme, ryo128 and ezonme's dad really made my fishing experience there fantastic. My previous trip ended with me catching several Huang Siao Jie and that was it, understandably expected little from the trip. However, by the end of the trip, I've managed to learn the various ways from the trio mentioned above to catch leng chiam, pek tor, saitoh, sotong, selar, kuning etc. What could be more enhancing than that !

Okay, experiences put aside, the catch was pretty amazing for me. On the first night, ezonme's surf rod went screaming for like 8 seconds or so, before ryo128 tried to set the drag, where the line immediately burst. It was an adrenaline pumping sound to hear in the middle of the night, which ended in disappointment for us. On the second night though, a group of kakis managed to net a ray, weighing 21 kg. Pictures below. To sum up the trip, I thought that the large varieties of fishes there easily warrant the price paid for the stay, it have been enjoyable for us.

Edited by Jack, name changed to ryo128 instead of erio.

• Jordan488
    nice catch =D my wife n I is looking forward on a Sibu trip too... hehe
  • Aero_GT
    Ftorres87" said:
    Was a real last minute planned trip up to Sibu Kelong, and it turned out really delightful for me too. We left Singapore for Sibu at 7, and reached there approximately at 9+ a.m., while in the car, a couple of us were asleep. Effects of the champions league night the night before I guess.

The boat was a little slow in picking us, and I thought that it could have been faster. When we reached the kelong, we quickly settled down and quickly set up the rods for jigging and surf casting. Personally for me, I've been really inexperienced with fishing, especially so considering that I was at the kelong. But as I started fishing at Sibu that day, the lessons that ezonme, erio and ezonme's dad really made my fishing experience there fantastic. My previous trip ended with me catching several Huang Siao Jie and that was it, understandably expected little from the trip. However, by the end of the trip, I've managed to learn the various ways from the trio mentioned above to catch leng chiam, pek tor, saitoh, sotong, selar, kuning etc. What could be more enhancing than that !

Okay, experiences put aside, the catch was pretty amazing for me. On the first night, ezonme's surf rod went screaming for like 8 seconds or so, before rio tried to set the drag, where the line immediately burst. It was an adrenaline pumping sound to hear in the middle of the night, which ended in disappointment for us. On the second night though, a group of kakis managed to net a ray, weighing 21 kg. Pictures below. To sum up the trip, I thought that the large varieties of fishes there easily warrant the price paid for the stay, it have been enjoyable for us.
    Here we come, Ah Fatt kelong :twisted: Nice c.r there pal. :wink:
  • Jordan488
    there are a few kelong in sibu which one is most recommanded for the service there?? do all kelong have transportation to fetch us from singapore? dont really wanna drive my car down to malaysia.... scare when come back sleepy cannot drive with my eyes open lol
  • Ftorres87
    You can try Hotboys, their owners are Singaporeans and are based in Singapore. They are in the affiliates section in this forum, and they are more inclined towards service rather then fishing, imo, So you might want to try their kelong if you are into service. They do provide transport, though at a rather exorbitant fee if lesser peope are going, better to drive up if you are familiar imo. Cheers and have good fun.
  • Jordan488
    you when to ah fatt kelong? how long is the drive from woodlands to the jetty?
  • ezonme
    Boy,
    U made a mistake.
    Is ryo128 not erio.
    Cheers!
  • Icebomb
    That stingray looks...Somehwat nasty...can someone id it?
  • ben1978
    CAN I HAVE AH FATT KELONG CONTACT NO: :) :roll:
  • ben1978
  • Lonely Fisher
    wau~~~wonderful catch~~~~
    shiok lah, now even i'm alone i also want go liao lah~~~~
  • miaows
    ben1978" said:
    Ah Fatt : 02-11-765417, 02-19-7518858

Got this from another thread, should be correct?