CR : Southern Island

Lai_CK
edited November 2006 in Catch Reports
Hi this is my first CR to all in this wonderful community.

A beginner fisher, I am really grateful to all the information on knots and fishes species avaliable here to increase my experience.

Rod Pioneer Automic Bomb Rod
Reel Pioneer Reel
Line Surecatch 15LB line
Hooks Size 4 Surecatch hooks
Bait Frozen prawns

Just wanna share my job of what excitement I got when the rod bend and jerk suddenly, and when a battle starts. However, I still have no idea wat fish es I have caught, and whther they are edible. All fishes are release since I still dunno how to cook them. Enjoy!

• Lai_CK
    Anyone can enlighten me how to set the size of the pics? they are too big
  • Jeffrey Tee
    Hi Lai CK,

If I'm not mistaken, the fish in the first picture is a species of Wrasse fish. This is a rather rare fish in Singapore these days as they inhabit usually coral reefs (which in Singapore is sadly declining due to land reclaimation).

The fish in the second pic is a Sweetlips or kaci as more affectionately known locally.

Keep those CRs coming! ;)
  • Lai_CK
    Wow thanks for the reply now finally I got some idea wat specie is the red head weird fish. Cool I guess coral reefs are really rare in Singapore nowadays and I have a good luck to get one of those. Cheers
  • natasha
    nice fish. :D
  • cedric_sunny
    Lai_CK" said:
    Wow thanks for the reply now finally I got some idea wat specie is the red head weird fish. Cool I guess coral reefs are really rare in Singapore nowadays and I have a good luck to get one of those. Cheers
    The red headed weird fish i have a lot at my work place, almost everyday i can see my burmese workers get them when fishing.
  • pec0
    wah chun kit..u die ah..i report u then u know..fishing on duty
  • Lai_CK
    Haha 3 hooks, 1 weight gone before I finally landed my first shark.
    Wat a interesting fight. I manage to get a bite from a shark very near coast, where the water is calm and still. The shark was swimming near my frozen prawn and it bite.

Immediately I strike and the shark struggles. Fearing that the 15LB line will break or cut, I quickly bring it over to coast with it hanging, and just when I reached it drop to the beach. Yea!

• Kaix
    good catch :)
  • chawin
    where is this spot?
  • pipi_moon
    Hi bro,

which part of southern Island.
    I work at Sebarok Island.

Dun tell me u also work there ?
    Are you one of the fire men there ?

I am working in Vopak ...

If free we can meet at the island... :lol:
    Finally find my Kaki there
  • Lai_CK
    Haha sorry but I'm not working on the same island as you mentioned. Well I'm sorry I do not want to disclose the Southern Island in case I get into some trouble. But that island is full of coral reefs and small sharks and big fishes are always spotted from 3pm onwards, wonderful!
  • abfackeln
    U should have released the juvenile tusk fish and the black tip shark. Neither are of eating size.
  • pipi_moon
    Lai_CK" said:
    Haha sorry but I'm not working on the same island as you mentioned. Well I'm sorry I do not want to disclose the Southern Island in case I get into some trouble. But that island is full of coral reefs and small sharks and big fishes are always spotted from 3pm onwards, wonderful!
    Only southern island is Busing, Bukom and sebarok island.

:lol: :lol:

I will catch you if you at sebarok and feed you with shark.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Lai_CK
    Haha yeap all the fishes i caught are release after taking quick snap shots of them. I think sport fishing is just as fun althou at the end of the day I get no fish, but the experience and photos are really great. Southern Islands got quite alot.......how bout P.Senang? haha some where there.