MCE at old finger pier

lictenau
edited February 2014 in General Fishing
any no fishing signs yet? used to be a good place.
  • firhasbizar
    I want to know too. Just passed by via MCE and saw a couple fishing leisurely. And I didn't notice any signs of "No fishing". Anyone can confirm this?
  • derrickcheang
    tried there once, no sign, but the whole area is out of bounds and restricted with camera monitoring.
    Was chased out by the officers almost immediately.

Better dont try

firhasbizar" said:
    I want to know too. Just passed by via MCE and saw a couple fishing leisurely. And I didn't notice any signs of "No fishing". Anyone can confirm this?
  • fishynatic
    a friend fished there at night, was told theres alot of big takes but usually line snap. yet to try but...not wanting to take a risk hahahaha
  • barracudaboy
    Will they confiscate yor fishin gear  or just warning? Went one nite din see any camera or no fishing sign? So fish 1/2  hr kena fish but fight 3 min drop. Using pe6-8 50lb braid . Don hook up ba  :(
  • jiaming7
    bro @barracudaboy ;, may i know how to turn in ? i cant seem to find the spot to turn in on mce always see the place but cant turn in and get lost. thanks in advance:)
  • frz1
    jiaming7 said:
    bro @barracudaboy ;, may i know how to turn in ? i cant seem to find the spot to turn in on mce always see the place but cant turn in and get lost. thanks in advance:)
    ​If you frm mce going towards aye. Take the first exit after going out of the tunnel. Then keep left. You will see the marina fire/police station cant rmbr turn left to the small road then left again to the carpark. 
  • jiaming7
    if im in mce which exit do i take

• jiaming7
    any idea if its legal to fish ? will kena kacau or saman? TIA:)
  • frz1
    jiaming7 said:
    if im in mce which exit do i take

​If youre in mce then take the first exit once you get out of the tunnel. 
  • frz1

jiaming7 said:
    any idea if its legal to fish ? will kena kacau or saman? TIA:)
    ​Uhhh, no. 
  • jiaming7
    no as in no idea or not legal? haha sorry bro
  • frz1
    edited December 2017
    Its nt jiaming7 said:
    no as in no idea or not legal? haha sorry bro

Its nt wrong to fish there. 
  • jiaming7
    thanks bro :smile: 
  • frz1
    What setup are you using ? 
  • Twangster00
    Seems promising for shore jigging spot.
  • frz1
    Seems promising for shore jigging spot.
    ​Yes. It is. But prepar a net or gaff to bring fish up. Its high. And the waters there is damm deep. 
  • jiaming7
    i briefly tried yesterday just a normal 8-16 rod single line and prawn meat. no bite at all, nearer to the pier alot of sangkot , dont know whats the structure below. further away from the pier no sangkot but no bite at all, after 2hours balik already.. haha. fished during the out going tide. nevertheless, the weather wasnt pleasant this few days and it rained very heavily before i went too. so ill be going to try a few more times. any tips on what to use there ? eg bait , rig . and what are the structures below like? if youre heading any time soon we can fish together bro , cheers :blush: 
  • frz1
    jiaming7 said:
    i briefly tried yesterday just a normal 8-16 rod single line and prawn meat. no bite at all, nearer to the pier alot of sangkot , dont know whats the structure below. further away from the pier no sangkot but no bite at all, after 2hours balik already.. haha. fished during the out going tide. nevertheless, the weather wasnt pleasant this few days and it rained very heavily before i went too. so ill be going to try a few more times. any tips on what to use there ? eg bait , rig . and what are the structures below like? if youre heading any time soon we can fish together bro , cheers :blush: 
    ​Try using live prawns during the day. Or maybe if you lucky enough to hook tambans or kunings use it try keeping them alive if possible. Ive ever fish there at night using green eyes. Im Using a 14ft rod. My rod whole rod went down and my rod  stand bend. Those stand tht surfcasters using. For structure wise. Up till today i have no idea. Lol! It migt be the pillars from the warves. Or maybe those big woods tht got stuck there. Cos during low tide the place there macam rubbish collecting area. Lol! 
  • fibuo
    Im on leave next week, very keen to try it out! Hahaha anyone has any luck so far?