small cr at pasir ris

or jiao
edited November 2006 in Catch Reports
One day, when i was talking to one of my friends (a person who doesn't fish), bout fishing, he told me that he know a place which is very nice and is suitable for fishing... he even show me some pictures of the place he came across when cycling...

the place was nice and i decided to give it a try... upon reaching, it looks as if the place was filled with a lot of big predators as small bait fish were jumping about like crazy... i wasted no time and started fishing...

here are some of my catches... enjoy

• skunk
    i think i know that place, went there once at night. So creepy at night. But i agree there's alot of surface activity due to its remoteness. But other ppl have commented the water there not so clean.

Great catch!
  • or jiao
    ya that place is very creepy... even in the day... there are movements in the bushes and so... the last time i went there, the water was quite clear... but it got very dirty when the tide starts to go down
  • or jiao
    ya that place is very creepy... even in the day... there are movements in the bushes and so... the last time i went there, the water was quite clear... but it got very dirty when the tide starts to go down
  • Godlike
    where is it??

someone near pasir ris park??? :?

please please share the spot. :prayer:
  • BlurBear
    hi bro, wat's the name of the fish in centre row? thks.
  • Michael Lim
    BlurBear" said:
    hi bro, wat's the name of the fish in centre row? thks.
    Ikan terubok
  • BlurBear
    Michael Lim" said:
    [quote="BlurBear"]hi bro, wat's the name of the fish in centre row? thks.
    Ikan terubok[/quote]

Thanks Mod.
  • lilliputian
    nice catches ;] it must have been a great spot. is there many anglers there?
  • lilliputian
    nice catches ;] it must have been a great spot. is there many anglers there?
  • or jiao
    it is very quiet there... no1 except for some workers...
  • or jiao
    it is very quiet there... no1 except for some workers...
  • chugbug-nick
    or jiao = nicholas black ?

lol.fellow marist.i recognise ur spot=)))
  • aro_craze
    wheres the location bro? izzit the stream near to down town east or sungei api api? heard dat at sungei api2 bridge area is where ppl go catch catfish(duri)
  • Kimbarksai
    hi bro,
    1/ what is the tackle setup to fish for Terubok?
    2/ any tide preferences for Terubok fishing?

Thanks
  • fosey
    Kimbarksai" said:
    hi bro,
    1/ what is the tackle setup to fish for Terubok?
    2/ any tide preferences for Terubok fishing?

Thanks
    Hi,

I was with him that day. If the schools of terubok come in close enough, you can just tie an apollo rig and 'shoot' them. If not you can try using tamban jigs. We were using gold colour feathers that day.
  • bundopeace
    wats with the people ard... so tiny fish also want to da bao...
    wat abt sustainability of the local fishery? it is already a desert out there..
    dun noe wa u guys think... but.. wat abt catch and release?
  • fosey
    how big do you want the terubok to be?

how big do you want the whiting to be?

that's the normal size of whitings and terubok. Can you catch bigger ones for me to see so i know the ACCEPTABLE size?

THANK YOU
  • minnowmatt
    haha 2-METRE TREUBOK! :lol: :lol:
  • barracudaboy
    i think i know where. it's beside punggol marina. remember got barge parked there the last time i went.
  • Godlike
    nope the thread Post subject is small cr at pasir ris..

it is near the end of pasir ris park. thats what i heard from or jiao. :P
  • aDDi
    Old place.. they used to call it rusty dog or smt?
  • barracudaboy
    :lol: sorry didnt read the thread. towards the end is where? near loyang?
  • chugbug-nick
    minnowmatt Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:48 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

haha 2-METRE TREUBOK!
    lol small treubok i will dao pao. 2 METRE TREBOK i lagi wanna dao pao.. "normal" size one eat until song song.i wonder what 2 the 2metre one will taste like.but got such thing anot ar? :wink:

think we should keep the spots under low profile.we all dont want over fishing to be done there right? jus my suggestions anyw

tightlines=)
  • Icebomb
    chugbug-nick" said:
    minnowmatt Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:48 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

haha 2-METRE TREUBOK!
    lol small treubok i will dao pao. 2 METRE TREBOK i lagi wanna dao pao.. "normal" size one eat until song song.i wonder what 2 the 2metre one will taste like.but got such thing anot ar? :wink:

think we should keep the spots under low profile.we all dont want over fishing to be done there right? jus my suggestions anyw

tightlines=)

Can i tag along next time? U all didnt try in the small estruary for kbl meh...
  • chawin
    is that small estuary sungei api api?
  • Kimbarksai
    in fact terubok acceptable size around hmm a bit longer than a keyboard...
    terubok is a conservational species, its' eggs is a fine cusine for chinese.
    indeed, you should not da bao the baby lah...

anyway, where is the estuaries,...? i am a big fan of KBL, but only managed to land 1 Kim so far in my life....sigh....
  • or jiao
    thanks godlike..
    yah... it is near the end of pasir ris... at lor halus side...
    went there 2day...
    sorry nv jio... last min then go 1... caught alot of palm size grunters, kurama and whitings... one of the whitings was the biggest i hv seen... bout 15cm... and of course got other species like small rays and catfish... catch was considered ok cause was low tide and very low... then the barage not there...
    as for the estuary, try before but nothing,,, water quite shallow...
    i dun mind bringing ppl there... but hv to wait until aft my o's, which end 20th nov...
    but catch might not be that gd le cause now got ppl cast net and put lengs...
  • or jiao
    thanks godlike..
    went there 2day...
    sorry nv jio... last min then go 1... caught alot of palm size grunters, kurama and whitings... one of the whitings was the biggest i hv seen... bout 15cm... and of course got other species like small rays and catfish... catch was considered ok cause was low tide and very low... then the barage not there...
    i dun mind bringing ppl there... but hv to wait until aft my o's, which end 20th nov...
  • or jiao
    thanks godlike..
    went there 2day...