Gotta Catch Them All !

superminnn
edited January 2016 in Catch Reports
Adventure 1: Bedok reservoir park legal area (bridge)

Came with the intention to try out the lures I bought from muthubak. It was my first time luring so I had no intentions maybe a few bites or hits or near hits will please me. I used a popper first and tried to learn how to use. Clearly, beginner's luck came in play. After a few casts, I felt like a snag but can't be bcos I was using a popper. So maybe I reeled in a plastic bag, apparently it was a fish. Idk what's it called. But it was my first catch.

Then I tried various lures like the sinking ones, snagged a few times, but managed to save my lures
  • puikia1521
    Keep the never say give up spirit
  • darkfear
    superminnn" said:
    Adventure 1: Bedok reservoir park legal area (bridge)

Came with the intention to try out the lures I bought from muthubak. It was my first time luring so I had no intentions maybe a few bites or hits or near hits will please me. I used a popper first and tried to learn how to use. Clearly, beginner's luck came in play. After a few casts, I felt like a snag but can't be bcos I was using a popper. So maybe I reeled in a plastic bag, apparently it was a fish. Idk what's it called. But it was my first catch.

Then I tried various lures like the sinking ones, snagged a few times, but managed to save my lures :D clearly, I needa learn how to use the lures properly and hopefully fellow fishing kakis can help me in my next adventure. Thanks! Caught 1 in 2 hours for first luring experience yay!
    super lucky bro i go bedok reservoir like 3 times all kosong haha
  • T-P
    From far, it looks like an Earth Eater.

I hope this beautiful ornamental fish was released. :) :) :)

Btw, were you luring in the late afternoon say around 4-5+ pm?
  • superminnn
    Haha yeah, its a beautiful earth eater :) no la, I tapaoed. Haha just kidding, caught and release safely. Yup, I was the one in a white and grey shirt luring like a newbie haha :) lets fish together one day!
  • T-P
    superminnn" said:
    Haha yeah, its a beautiful earth eater :) no la, I tapaoed. Haha just kidding, caught and release safely. Yup, I was the one in a white and grey shirt luring like a newbie haha :) lets fish together one day!
    Haha..don't get me wrong! I'm in NO POSITION AT ALL to tell anyone to tapao or not to tapao! It's just that I keep fish as well and I find it odd to eat ornamental fish but that just me and my personal opinion! So just ignore me if you want! :D

No lah, I wasn't there around your timing. I could roughly tell the time by the shadow of the bridge railing.....

Btw, I'm not in your age group and usually youngsters do not like to fish with uncles. Hahaha....

Anyway, good luck and tight lines! :D
  • superminnn
    haha, i understand your view, i usually practise catch and release! Unless i have a certain craving for a certain type of fish, lol usually tambans :) anyway, i don't mind fishing with any age group. I believe fishing has no limit on the age. You could pass down your knowledge also to the younger ones like me :)

Stay tune for the next adventure!
  • superminnn
    I went luring with applesanchikosan at his spot during first light, woke up late, but lucky we stay very near so that was good. So reach the place, we start to lure. I did'nt know how to pop properly so shifu applesanchiko taught me haha. Even though he learnt to lure FW for about a year, i tell you, he really good la his technique. After 1 or 2 cast, he managed to get fishes hitting his lure already. The score ended 7-0, with him missing about 3 or 4 times. There was once the fish was hooked, then it jumped, damn high, and fell out from the hook. That was my first experience looking at it, told myself sibei syiok la, i also want like that.

Haha, sadly I came home as a zero fighter, its okay, because shifu applesanchiko gave me alot of tips. I'll have to learn and experiment and one day, i'll compete with my shifu once I gain the knowledge and right technique.

Fish on my fellow fishing kakis!
  • applesanchikosan
    superminnn" said:
    I went luring with applesanchikosan at his spot during first light, woke up late, but lucky we stay very near so that was good. So reach the place, we start to lure. I did'nt know how to pop properly so shifu applesanchiko taught me haha. Even though he learnt to lure FW for about a year, i tell you, he really good la his technique. After 1 or 2 cast, he managed to get fishes hitting his lure already. The score ended 7-0, with him missing about 3 or 4 times. There was once the fish was hooked, then it jumped, damn high, and fell out from the hook. That was my first experience looking at it, told myself sibei syiok la, i also want like that.

Haha, sadly I came home as a zero fighter, its okay, because shifu applesanchiko gave me alot of tips. I'll have to learn and experiment and one day, i'll compete with my shifu once I gain the knowledge and right technique.

with patience and true spirit one day you'll reach the stage where each place you go you'll manage to bring up a fish....even on a dry spell,where fish are shy and lethargic..you can bring up atleast one on a day like that...thats when you know that what you've gone through is worth every time and penny spend...take it slow and dun rush...time,endurance,determination and patience's is the key to success in becoming an angler....cheers dear brother,its been a pleasure going fishing/luring with you....
  • superminnn
    Went to Bedok Reservoir Park to test out my lures again, and also picnic with my loved one. No bites, but saw a few fish jump nearby the spot I was standing. Sadly, I lost my Halco Roosta Popper lure there, haiz sian. Nvm, when I got money and a good deal, I'll buy some more lures. But first, was to get the technique right. I used D-lure floating minnow, and i think i managed to get the technique right. twitch,pause,twitch twitch, reel right? Zero Fighter again but, I'll be hoping I catch a fish this wednesday, hopefully with a new setup.
  • superminnn
    I bought myself a new setup to celebrate my birthday (since my friends don't support me fishing) haha. The setup consists of okuma nemesis II, 8-17lb 6'6 rod, bought from fk mael. And also nasci c2000 bought from a fellow fk. Will be testing them and practise my techniques and knowledge that I acquired from watching youtube videos.[/img]

Wish me luck tmr for the luring trip with bro applesanchiko, my shifu!
  • applesanchikosan
    superminnn" said:
    I bought myself a new setup to celebrate my birthday (since my friends don't support me fishing) haha. The setup consists of okuma nemesis II, 8-17lb 6'6 rod, bought from fk mael. And also nasci c2000 bought from a fellow fk. Will be testing them and practise my techniques and knowledge that I acquired from watching youtube videos.[/img]

Wish me luck tmr for the luring trip with bro applesanchiko, my shifu!
    damn...now i feel awkward.haha!!
  • superminnn
    An image of my new setup! I now just need to learn how to tie certain knots to join the leader with the braid line.

• DownUnder
    superminnn" said:

fishing is 70% luck, 15% skill & 15% spot... sure technique, knowledge and experience plays a part... but most important is 2 be hardworking... in my years of fishing i've seen my frens, lure, jig, pop & fish wif adsolutely no skill, no technique, no experience... yet the land the biggest, fattest, hardest fighting fish... how do u explain that?

yet when there are days we are out @ sea or on the rivers looking into our fish-finders seeing fish and no matter wad we do the fish doesn't wanna bite? even on a pro-anglers rod mind u... again... how do u explain that?

no need 4 teacher, master, shi fu or wad not... good ol' fashion hard-work, perseverance and hunger 2 learn more... most important...

cheers...
  • applesanchikosan
    DownUnder" said:
    [quote="superminnn"]I went luring with applesanchikosan at his spot during first light, woke up late, but lucky we stay very near so that was good. So reach the place, we start to lure. I did'nt know how to pop properly so shifu applesanchiko taught me haha. Even though he learnt to lure FW for about a year, i tell you, he really good la his technique. After 1 or 2 cast, he managed to get fishes hitting his lure already. The score ended 7-0, with him missing about 3 or 4 times. There was once the fish was hooked, then it jumped, damn high, and fell out from the hook. That was my first experience looking at it, told myself sibei syiok la, i also want like that.

fishing is 70% luck, 15% skill & 15% spot... sure technique, knowledge and experience plays a part... but most important is 2 be hardworking... in my years of fishing i've seen my frens, lure, jig, pop & fish wif adsolutely no skill, no technique, no experience... yet the land the biggest, fattest, hardest fighting fish... how do u explain that?

yet when there are days we are out @ sea or on the rivers looking into our fish-finders seeing fish and no matter wad we do the fish doesn't wanna bite? even on a pro-anglers rod mind u... again... how do u explain that?

no need 4 teacher, master, shi fu or wad not... good ol' fashion hard-work, perseverance and hunger 2 learn more... most important...

cheers...[/quote] then i am glad to know that i'm 70℅ lucky!!! Even on dry spell season when people are hard to land fish or even get a bite,i'll manage to land one atleast...thank god my luck is that great...now people will stop telling me how good i am and how skillfull i am...alway's been telling them it's luck..luck and more luck.now by reading this they know i'm right about luck...cheer's!!!
  • DownUnder
    applesanchikosan" said:
    [quote="DownUnder"][quote="superminnn"]I went luring with applesanchikosan at his spot during first light, woke up late, but lucky we stay very near so that was good. So reach the place, we start to lure. I did'nt know how to pop properly so shifu applesanchiko taught me haha. Even though he learnt to lure FW for about a year, i tell you, he really good la his technique. After 1 or 2 cast, he managed to get fishes hitting his lure already. The score ended 7-0, with him missing about 3 or 4 times. There was once the fish was hooked, then it jumped, damn high, and fell out from the hook. That was my first experience looking at it, told myself sibei syiok la, i also want like that.

cheers...[/quote] then i am glad to know that i'm 70℅ lucky!!! Even on dry spell season when people are hard to land fish or even get a bite,i'll manage to land one atleast...thank god my luck is that great...now people will stop telling me how good i am and how skillfull i am...alway's been telling them it's luck..luck and more luck.now by reading this they know i'm right about luck...cheer's!!![/quote]

well done on that luck may it keep shining on u... even when it comes 2 myself... right time right place definitely important... right place wrong time... chances slim... wrong place right time even worse...

cheers...
  • NicholasTeo
    Khai, don't speak too soon. Scarly u like me, dryyyyyy spell.....
  • applesanchikosan
    NicholasTeo" said:
    Khai, don't speak too soon. Scarly u like me, dryyyyyy spell.....
    dry spell meh?you just go that day with me and land afew liao still say dry spell ah?dry spell for what?gf nvr give ah?hahahahaha!!! Just joking bro!! Cheer's!!!
  • applesanchikosan
    DownUnder" said:
    [quote="applesanchikosan"][quote="DownUnder"][quote="superminnn"]I went luring with applesanchikosan at his spot during first light, woke up late, but lucky we stay very near so that was good. So reach the place, we start to lure. I did'nt know how to pop properly so shifu applesanchiko taught me haha. Even though he learnt to lure FW for about a year, i tell you, he really good la his technique. After 1 or 2 cast, he managed to get fishes hitting his lure already. The score ended 7-0, with him missing about 3 or 4 times. There was once the fish was hooked, then it jumped, damn high, and fell out from the hook. That was my first experience looking at it, told myself sibei syiok la, i also want like that.

cheers...[/quote] then i am glad to know that i'm 70℅ lucky!!! Even on dry spell season when people are hard to land fish or even get a bite,i'll manage to land one atleast...thank god my luck is that great...now people will stop telling me how good i am and how skillfull i am...alway's been telling them it's luck..luck and more luck.now by reading this they know i'm right about luck...cheer's!!![/quote]

well done on that luck may it keep shining on u... even when it comes 2 myself... right time right place definitely important... right place wrong time... chances slim... wrong place right time even worse...

cheers...[/quote] that's more like it...right place at the right time...i've been through worse when i started luring,alway's at the wrong spot at the right time...and sometime's reach the right spot but at the wrong time.damn...soo frustrated.but what you say is correct...work hard,refine technique and persevere no matter how hard it is to get fish...know your lure's well and how it work's before using it at a location and understand structure's of the place before deploying a lure...and learn about the fish you're after and their feeding patterns and also where they tend to play or hang out around certain time's of the day,what agitates them and make them attack the lure's in either self defence or territorial instinct or even hunger...good technique,knowledge and skills is important in luring or fishing...when you have that and then plus the 70℅ luck you'll get hits after hits no matter what time of the day it is....but as what we all say....luck play's an important role....you can have the skill and everything else but if there's no luck on yourself then no matter what you'll do,fish are hard to come by.
  • DownUnder
    applesanchikosan" said:
    [quote="DownUnder"][quote="applesanchikosan"][quote="DownUnder"][quote="superminnn"]I went luring with applesanchikosan at his spot during first light, woke up late, but lucky we stay very near so that was good. So reach the place, we start to lure. I did'nt know how to pop properly so shifu applesanchiko taught me haha. Even though he learnt to lure FW for about a year, i tell you, he really good la his technique. After 1 or 2 cast, he managed to get fishes hitting his lure already. The score ended 7-0, with him missing about 3 or 4 times. There was once the fish was hooked, then it jumped, damn high, and fell out from the hook. That was my first experience looking at it, told myself sibei syiok la, i also want like that.

cheers...[/quote] that's more like it...right place at the right time...i've been through worse when i started luring,alway's at the wrong spot at the right time...and sometime's reach the right spot but at the wrong time.damn...soo frustrated.but what you say is correct...work hard,refine technique and persevere no matter how hard it is to get fish...know your lure's well and how it work's before using it at a location and understand structure's of the place before deploying a lure...and learn about the fish you're after and their feeding patterns and also where they tend to play or hang out around certain time's of the day,what agitates them and make them attack the lure's in either self defence or territorial instinct or even hunger...good technique,knowledge and skills is important in luring or fishing...when you have that and then plus the 70℅ luck you'll get hits after hits no matter what time of the day it is....but as what we all say....luck play's an important role....you can have the skill and everything else but if there's no luck on yourself then no matter what you'll do,fish are hard to come by.[/quote]

:smt023
  • superminnn
    Went tampines quarry at 4pm, and tried to recce and bash in. As obvious no bites or hits, however I got lots of mosquito bites -.- anyway it was a good experience as I went alone, and one part I went diving to save my lure haha. Just felt like doing it, even though lures can be bought but life can't be bought. But yolo. I found a spot that might be good however I would need appropriate lures. I found a quite big sized keli right infront of my nose. Attempted to use my daiso lure to tempt it to take. But failed mesirably. It swam away. Journey to become a good lurer continues. Once you see more pictures of fish caught, it will indicate I'm improving as a lurer. But for now, lets perservere and wait for the moment to come.
  • applesanchikosan
    superminnn" said:
    Went tampines quarry at 4pm, and tried to recce and bash in. As obvious no bites or hits, however I got lots of mosquito bites -.- anyway it was a good experience as I went alone, and one part I went diving to save my lure haha. Just felt like doing it, even though lures can be bought but life can't be bought. But yolo. I found a spot that might be good however I would need appropriate lures. I found a quite big sized keli right infront of my nose. Attempted to use my daiso lure to tempt it to take. But failed mesirably. It swam away. Journey to become a good lurer continues. Once you see more pictures of fish caught, it will indicate I'm improving as a lurer. But for now, lets perservere and wait for the moment to come.
    if that someone knows and read about this..he will definitely remind him of sumone,a beginning where he's new to luring,had only a few lure's in a small box and daily went to tampines quarry quoted as his "playground"....a beginning of a journey where he learn to understand each lure's and how each and individual lure's works and the difference action each has with difference type of retrieval and rod twitches.hope one day you'll be like him..an angler who tries to understand what the fish wants on certain time of the day and what works the best to make the fish take the lure's due to the right retrieval,twitches,pauses and overall... The presentation of your lure's.hope you'll be that angler somedaY...be humble,be friendly,be willing to share skills and technique person but not a spoiler in the game...persevere is the right words that is now your main priority,dun forget patience and the hunger to learn more..dun be shy of asking coz if you never ask,you'll never know and if you dun know..then you'll be forever doing the same mistake over and over again not catching anything but hoping you're lucky..the thing to remember most is that,lure's no matter how cheap they are,they will catch you fish if you know how to utilise the lure's action and mimick baitfish as closely as possible and making it look vulnerable to the fish you aim for,they will bite and you can also buy the most expensive lure's in the market but you'll nvr catch fish with it hecause you can't utilise it..some may say it's luck in catching fish,but i do believe in theory,practical,common sense and the right approach..there's thing about water condition,water temperature,weather,current flows all these are key's to a successful fishing/luring trip.once you know what it is you'll know where the fish are at that particular timing and by using the right lure then you'll start getting bite's after bite's.hope i'll inspire you to work hard and hope to see you catching fish and posting it here in your thread.cheer's!!!
  • superminnn
    Went toman hunting and managed to learn how to look out for tomans and ways for you to agitate the tomans to bite your lure. I didn't catch any, but the knowledge I gained was useful and I learn how to cast further by practising. Bro apple caught one big toman! Maybe I'll lure somemore tomorrow. See ya people. Tight lines!
  • superminnn
    Going to quarry tomorrow morning with a new kaki to find hidden spots! With tips from bro apple who started his luring journey there, I'll venture to that place to acquire what he has learnt there. Wish me luck!

P.S: I'm starting to get addicted to the need of luring regularly omg!
  • superminnn
    Just returned home from a long day luring. Met a new kaki, tohkiat, and we cycled and recce quarry. I got 1 missed and tohkiat's lure kena spit out by the young pb. Anyway, since I didn't catch anything and was so tired from the bashing, I visited a nearby area to lure.

Found a good possible spot and starting luring with my $2.50 weedless frog lure. First few casts, reel and twitch simultaneously, got fish attack my lure but never kena properly. But then the 6th cast, reel and twitch to make the noisy sound from the frog, then WHAM!!!! The fish took the lure, set the hook and fish on! I thought gonna be a tough fish so I loosen my drag and wanna start video my first catch on my new setup. But my hp flat (ccb!), anyway the rod bend so syiok. Managed to bring it up, its a common snakehead. But shiok la! Released it to fight it another day. And this time I'll bring a fully charged hp so I can take pictures of it. Good day overall! First fish on my new setup finally!
  • superminnn
    No picture no talk! Hahaha. Nvm, might go there again to get one and take pics of it.
  • tohkiat
    superminnn" said:
    Just returned home from a long day luring. Met a new kaki, tohkiat, and we cycled and recce quarry. I got 1 missed and tohkiat's lure kena spit out by the young pb. Anyway, since I didn't catch anything and was so tired from the bashing, I visited a nearby area to lure.

Found a good possible spot and starting luring with my $2.50 weedless frog lure. First few casts, reel and twitch simultaneously, got fish attack my lure but never kena properly. But then the 6th cast, reel and twitch to make the noisy sound from the frog, then WHAM!!!! The fish took the lure, set the hook and fish on! I thought gonna be a tough fish so I loosen my drag and wanna start video my first catch on my new setup. But my hp flat (*Please do not use vulgarity* - Code 10!), anyway the rod bend so syiok. Managed to bring it up, its a common snakehead. But shiok la! Released it to fight it another day. And this time I'll bring a fully charged hp so I can take pictures of it. Good day overall! First fish on my new setup finally!
    congrats on your snakehead! :D must've been a great feeling for you. haish, too bad the PB spit my hook.. :/ once it strike i quickly set hook and the initial take was so strong i got a shock! kanchiong then pump my rod, next thing i know it jumped out of the water and landed just 1m in front of my on the rocky area, my lure flew into the bushes behind me and i realised my mustad treble hook was bent.. the PB then struggled and swam away before i could do anything. first hit on a lure, exciting and heart-pumping nonetheless! will be looking forward to the time i get to land one on lure.

cheers, & keep casting!
  • superminnn
    I think I won't go that spot again, just been told by some kakis that if caught fishing there, will be fined at least $250 -.-
  • superminnn
    It's time for me to lure again soon, maybe tomorrow morning i'll go luring, before I go for my driving lesson. Any kakis wanna invite me to go luring with them? I'll tag along and learn from you guys :) Anyways, my last luring session was 19 July if I'm not wrong, with bro apple and sgbdk, went temensis hunting. They, of course, caught more than 5 temmies while me 0. haha, but on the bright side, tips from bro apple and sgbdk, improved my popping technique. I missed about 2-3 times, 1 during a frenzy and 2 after the frenzy. But sad to say, a Nparks volunteer stopped us from luring, but creating a commotion, he threatened us up and down, and demanded our particulars. I, for the first time in my life, was dumb and gave my ic to him -.- he took pics of it. We then left the place, i was moody cos of that incident. I could have just lied my way.

Note: We should not give our IC and our particulars to any PUB, Nparks volunteers, to know if they are volunteers, they don't have any pictures of themselves on their cards. Let this be a lesson to me and every fellow kakis. Tight lines everybody!

pictures soon!
  • superminnn
    Cute cute little pbs.

• Phook
    Can't believe u gave ur IC to an NP volunteer. NP personnel come I also will not give. What crime have u committed to make u so afraid? It's just fishing bro, keep calm and try to reason ur way out.

If cannot reason, give them the name of ur favorite comic character. :badgrin:
    superminnn" said:
    It's time for me to lure again soon, maybe tomorrow morning i'll go luring, before I go for my driving lesson. Any kakis wanna invite me to go luring with them? I'll tag along and learn from you guys :) Anyways, my last luring session was 19 July if I'm not wrong, with bro apple and sgbdk, went temensis hunting. They, of course, caught more than 5 temmies while me 0. haha, but on the bright side, tips from bro apple and sgbdk, improved my popping technique. I missed about 2-3 times, 1 during a frenzy and 2 after the frenzy. But sad to say, a Nparks volunteer stopped us from luring, but creating a commotion, he threatened us up and down, and demanded our particulars. I, for the first time in my life, was dumb and gave my ic to him -.- he took pics of it. We then left the place, i was moody cos of that incident. I could have just lied my way.

Note: We should not give our IC and our particulars to any PUB, Nparks volunteers, to know if they are volunteers, they don't have any pictures of themselves on their cards. Let this be a lesson to me and every fellow kakis. Tight lines everybody!

pictures soon!
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016