Feedback on tica cetus ss500

exiledbummer
edited May 2012 in General Fishing
Hi there, i have recently chanced upon this small spinning reel on the internet lately. Would appreciate for some feedbacks and reviews from fellow kakis who has used this before or know where i can can get one of this in singapore. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.
  • tyrtok
    good reel, smooth and a very nice budget reel to start with.
  • sqtan1986
    This reel is 1 of the best product from tica. Great reel to go for UL finesse presentation..the drag is also very high for its size..

Drag is 7/10, felt based wet drag. Single pc.(Strong enough for lots of fish)
    Retrieval is smooth. Rate it @ 9/10.
    Price should be ard $49-$59 relativity affordable.
    Size is very compact.
    Will be good if you can load in 4lb fireline. Loaded mine with 6lb.

The only major issue over the course of usage is the line laying is not very good. However, most reel of this size got this problem.

Hope this helps.
  • exiledbummer
    Thank you all. any idea where i can find this reel in any of our local tackle store? Thanks in advance.
  • MUTHUBAK
    i think it can be found in riverland too
  • lyonsng
    Hi there, I am currently using gv500 and ss500 on my ultralight setup. Running 4lb fire line and match with ajn carbon le 4-10lb rod. Very smooth and value for money. Have a spare spool to run 10lb fireline with eupro penulum 8-15lb rod. Got mine ticas from hong guan. Hope this helps.

Cheers
  • fishlove
    Power set up bro.
  • lyonsng
    fishlove" said:
    Power set up bro.
    Thx to ur brilliant recommendation bro.
  • exiledbummer
    Thank you wll for the recommendations once again....
  • exiledbummer
    May i Where can i fund the ajn carbon rod??
  • hobbeslow
    Hi there, dunt mind I tumpang this thread. Does anyone know any store in SG which sells this reel? Many thanks. 
  • Freakinfart
    hobbeslow said:
    Hi there, dunt mind I tumpang this thread. Does anyone know any store in SG which sells this reel? Many thanks. 
    ​last time hong guan selling.. not sure if now the new Pioneer tackle selling it or not.

alternatively you can try zhenghui enterprise at bedko.
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016