Changi Village Fishing Spot – Sungei Changi Water

Birdmansim
edited August 2006 in General Fishing
Hi:

Went alone last Saturday evening from 6 to 9pm to Changi Village nearby sea coast to fish.

Tried the new location next to the overhead bridge, or the newly renovated walkway facing the PA Changi Sea Sport Club (see photos).

The straight of “Sungei Changi” where I drop my line never resulted in zero catch. And the waster level seen to be very low even when it is at high tide. I lost one float due to Sankok on the wooden pillar which was used for tying the small boats and also a line +hook+weight that was hooked to one of the small boat.

The walkway (as shown in the photo) was cooling with tree shield but the concrete wall was full of red ants, which I even invited a few of them to my bath room (hiding in my bag and escaped when I wash my fishing tools and bags).

Did anyone ever try to fish around the above area? Notice many people are fishing at the bridge area but not the above area—I had been fishing alone from 7.30pm to 9pm and not even one soul join me.

Happy weekdays

Sim

• Bernard Tan
    yield anything when you were there?
  • Birdmansim
    Hi:

Not a single catch. Only some small fish or crabs keeps feeding on my baits. Plus a tired legs (no seats) and some red ants keeps crawling onto your fishing rods and lines. And the smell of cooked foods from Changi village restaurant s .

Other than that, nothing special. :(
  • Aero_GT
    Hint:Try fishing below the bridge when the tide is going down,witness my shifu hual 4 kims of biggest 4kg in just a short 2hour frame,his method really help alot cos i went there the other time using his method also hual me not 4 but 2 tablesize kims which was then released without any photo taken......bro Sim long time no see,p.m me your contact,we go there one of these day ya??
  • Necroplastic
    the place where you fished is kinda empty... cos of the very heavy traffic of bumboats til 7pm... its very rocky as well so do be carefull.

the bridge is actually a great spot. saw a guy hauled up a 4kg Kaci from the side... ^_^ you might also get chermins as well... at least... the small ones...
  • hongtze77
    that spot used to be good..

nowadays, very hard to get anything.. once in a blue moon, you can get fish.. once in "2" blue moons you can get a nice sized KBL..
  • Birdmansim
    hi:

wanted to tried last Saturday at the bridge aea, but the number of fishing kakis and rods "parking" along the bridge deters me from fishing there.

That night about 8.15pm, actually seen a guy hooking up something big that needed a few people to help pull up, may be a grouper or something.

Next time must tried over the bridge area. And also bring my long time no use 5 numbers of "BOBO" crab nets to catch crabs.

:)

sim
  • MrKimKor
    lots of pasis pasir there
  • Aero_GT
    Just went there earlier in the afternoon...didn't realised that the tide is not that low for me to spin some live prawns for the kims,so no choice just blindly spin.After about an hour of spinning later,i was rewarded with a table size grouper,released without any photo taken(now no interest of taking photos of fishes caught),later after about half an hour,a good size flathead(released too,so cute to tapao :lol: ) took my live prawn when i was spinning near the bridge...my shifu surprisingly came but he never caught anything but told me that last week a fellow got a 5kg kim but ta pao back :cry:
  • Tribalistic
    Hi all,

Just to share my exp too.

Was there not too long ago, abt 7 months to a yr where the platform of the new ferry terminal for peeps to take to Ubin wasn't build yet. Therefore any old bros would know that last time the bumb boats were parked side by side. It's really fun when my khakis and i jump from boat to boat in the dark of the night to the boat that is facing the entrance of the estuary, then we would drop our lines down. Got a few ACKs which is ranging from small to table-size, also there are others like Chermin and the infamous Gau He aka Grouper. At times you could also get a foul "kup kup" stonefish as they call it.

Anyway, as i was mentioning about the trip i made almost a yr before the platform was built. As usual, me and my khakis hop to the outest boat and started our biz. We were fishing for god damn 3hrs with no activities, no bites. As all of us were rather disappointed and tired as there's nothing exciting, i tot i would need to change bait b4 i take 5. Sleeply i walked to my rod(actually damn... should have brought my rod so i can land this bugger, the one i'm using was a 7ft filmsy rod :? )... i move the rod and realised my line was tension like it's stuck. Naturally, as all fisherman do... curse and swear cos i tot sankok :x Pull and reel but the line ain't budging with the weight tightly buried into the mud. i tot "Wah :evil: knn... sian liao lo" with a final hieve and it's still locked into the original location... i tumbled backwards slowly, tired of the crap and took a ciggie and light it with all my friends laughing at me. Just when i was about to sit down, i noticed my line slackened... " :o "finally my line is free, heng ar no need to retie" i reel in somemore and again it's stuck, i pull slightly and it won't move... it's getting crappy man. I sat down bo chup the rod still puffing away when suddenly the line from my spool screamed madly :shock: ... i tot wtf kena a log floating in the water is it.. i peered down into the water as it was low tide... couldn't see anything but my hands were readied on the rod... just in case. Again... the line peeled out from my spool madly and my drag was set heavy and i nearly fell off the boat :shock: ...

All the nearby malay uncles sitting on the ledge fishing all turn to see what happen. We all know it wasn't debris dragging my line cos the current is flowing inwards and my line was pull against the current. My friends and me took turns to reel back and but the "bugger" seems stubborn to submit, always swimming towards open sea. Just to let you know when it all started the line was about 10 meters infront of me, 2 hrs later(yes, we are still holding on dearly)... it's maybe 60 or so meters out becos my reel can only hold that lil and it's the end of spool...

This carried on.. the tug of war with probably a stingray(i think the size could be big cos no amount of force can yield it)... At last the bugger gave it's last shot and swim out... "piak" my rod snap into 2 and line snap as well... sighed a disappointment to my friends.

So far, it's a mysterious catch for me in that area and so far maybe the biggest(though i haven't seen it as well).... But i heard lotsa old uncles say that area looks quiet but in the night... it's breaming with activities and due to small fishies coming in... their predator also comes in. The stingray explains as the area is REALLY full of whitings..
  • vaped
    faszcom" said:
    ya, lot of sua jiam. peak time can land 30~40+++
    may i know when is peak time? incoming tide?
  • Grouperboi
    ahyah this spot still remember that time thiz fella frm the fishing shop tell me n fren that this spot got kim. We don believe go n check out. Found his so-called shifu under the bridge spinning. N we saw 2 shiny silver kim caught by him in a plastic bag. Wahh damn sui sia veri beautiful!!!
  • ydolphin
    The swa jiams... are they caught in the river itself or over at the beach facing Ubin? Want to bring my kids to fish for them .. :)
  • Tribalistic
    ydolphin" said:
    The swa jiams... are they caught in the river itself or over at the beach facing Ubin? Want to bring my kids to fish for them .. :)
    Actually when the tide is low... at the bridge below will be an estuary plain, that's a good spot. just do alil casting which is not to far with small hooks... u can be sure whitings could be caught... that's stingray's basic food fyi... so u know what to do la...
  • ydolphin
    Tribalistic" said:
    [quote="ydolphin"]The swa jiams... are they caught in the river itself or over at the beach facing Ubin? Want to bring my kids to fish for them .. :)
    Actually when the tide is low... at the bridge below will be an estuary plain, that's a good spot. just do alil casting which is not to far with small hooks... u can be sure whitings could be caught... that's stingray's basic food fyi... so u know what to do la...[/quote]

Thanks... actually just pop by the place just now to recce abit coz don't want to disappoint my kids on Sat... there's a fence running along the right side of the bank.

Is there any kind of beach during low tide? Or do I just cast from the bank itself?
  • Tribalistic
    Actually as i mentioned, the beach is actually an estuary plain when it's low tide but be sure u wear those diver shoe or slippers cos it's going to be muddy.

Just my 2 cent worth... remember to cast and let the sinker(small one should do with a 6ft rod)... when it reach the bottom just trail it along the seabed... those whitings bury themselves into the sand or mud. Remember to use sand worms as it's more lasting as well. I got mine just by trailing the hook on the beach (infact just about 5m away from me)... gd luck :)
  • vaped
    ...for the info! :D
  • ydolphin
    Tribalistic" said:
    Actually as i mentioned, the beach is actually an estuary plain when it's low tide but be sure u wear those diver shoe or slippers cos it's going to be muddy.

Just my 2 cent worth... remember to cast and let the sinker(small one should do with a 6ft rod)... when it reach the bottom just trail it along the seabed... those whitings bury themselves into the sand or mud. Remember to use sand worms as it's more lasting as well. I got mine just by trailing the hook on the beach (infact just about 5m away from me)... gd luck :)
    Thanks again! Looks like we'll be keeping our feet high and dry this round when we fish there :)
  • NoLuck
    Any picture of the spot? Love fishing but never get any thing bigger then my palm unless pay pond
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016