Looking for Leng Chiam

Fatman2
edited July 2006 in General Fishing
Hi,

Anyone can share which of the sibu kelongs have the most leng chiams? I am planning to go catch some. hehe
  • Icebomb
    Actually maybe you can embark on a local boat trip by Ah Bee, Ah pong... They have Leng Chiam Spots...Sometimes current sucks...Ask them bring us to small fish(leng chiam spots)....Can hit many...easily one pail if concentrate :lol:
  • Fatman2
    Thanks. Hoping to enjoy kelong too. :)
  • Allen
    Leng Chiam usually found near structure n coral.
    The chances of them near kelong is slim, kelong produce more pelagic than bottom fish.
  • skunk
    Allen" said:
    Leng Chiam usually found near structure n coral.
    The chances of them near kelong is slim, kelong produce more pelagic than bottom fish.
    isit? im so surprised. When i was at HB most of my fish were big leng chiam 1.5 palm size (didnt weigh them lah).....an ah pek doing jigging caught small leng chiam about 3 inches long type.

i like this fish alot. nice to eat, amazing fight. (dont compare to big fish lah....for 1.5 palm length make my rod bend until C-shape i thought was huge fish haha)
  • Icebomb
    Try fighting big leng chiam about 1kg... POUND FOR POUND MAN!!! Strong fish. Anyway. HB kelong got coral and struture.. tahts why have leng chiam? If go those pengarrang kelong..forget about leng chiam...LOL
  • skunk
    icebomb" said:
    Try fighting big leng chiam about 1kg... POUND FOR POUND MAN!!! Strong fish. Anyway. HB kelong got coral and struture.. tahts why have leng chiam? If go those pengarrang kelong..forget about leng chiam...LOL
    i think the biggest i caught there maybe got 800g....OMG...yes, super strong fish for its size.....hours in the ice box still can flip around n make noise....very muscular fish!
  • Fatman2
    Yup. That's the leng chiam I am talking about. Anyone knows which kelong has good leng chiam population?
  • ChrisSoh
    Fatman2" said:
    Yup. That's the leng chiam I am talking about. Anyone knows which kelong has good leng chiam population?
    Maybe an enquiry with HOTBOYs may give you an update on their current fishy situation there. Might want to bring my sister in law from Taiwan to Sibu Kelong end of the month.
  • skunk
    never been to the other kelongs, but at HB last month caught 10 leng chiam all big sizes (at least big to me haha)....ranging approximately 500g to 800g....i think wanna catch 1kg type if u lucky no prob. tiny ones half-palm size alot ah, one guy caught one whole pail of it.

at the back near the generator use a long rod (i used 8ft and 10ft) cast towards the 3 floating buoys...i think got some kinda structure underneath that attracts them. caught most of them this way.

once my 10ft rod cast out the sinker hit the buoy with a loud BOOM!!! hahaha so shiok like artillery target practice kekeke
  • Fatman2
    Thanks guys. Sounds like I should go try Hotboys.

:wink:
  • barramundi
    Fatman2" said:
    Hi,

Anyone can share which of the sibu kelongs have the most leng chiams? I am planning to go catch some. hehe
    i have fished in sg water for quite some time now...and most of the time, the leng chiam like palm size.....see this link.....sibei tua chiat right?

http://www.fishingkaki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21246

• Fatman2
    Solid leh. This is a long nose. Not a classic leng chiam with the red gill plate marking. But heck, where did you get it? Solid fish. WOOOOOHOOOOO!!
  • skunk
    barramundi" said:
    [quote="Fatman2"]Hi,

i have fished in sg water for quite some time now...and most of the time, the leng chiam like palm size.....see this link.....sibei tua chiat right?

http://www.fishingkaki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21246[/quote]

wow.....amazing....seems like the body colour is a little different from the smaller ones....but obviously same species leh...the fins same....
  • barramundi
    Fatman2" said:
    Solid leh. This is a long nose. Not a classic leng chiam with the red gill plate marking. But heck, where did you get it? Solid fish. WOOOOOHOOOOO!!
    not caught by me.....see the link....caught by mkim.
  • rafiee59
    Fatman2" said:
    Hi,

Hi Fatman,

Juz want to share wit you abt 8kgs Leng Chiam & it was at TP trip abt a few months ago. My fren also got it abt 5kgs after my trip. Cheers

• skunk
    rafiee59" said:
    [quote="Fatman2"]Hi,

Hi Fatman,

Juz want to share wit you abt 8kgs Leng Chiam & it was at TP trip abt a few months ago. My fren also got it abt 5kgs after my trip. Cheers[/quote]

OMG....never knew they could grow so big....
  • Fatman2
    Solid fish, Bro Rafiee.

I think this one must have given you a great fight. I remember my fren kena one at night at labrador and only 2 kilos already fight until want to mati like that. Imagine 8 kilos. =D> Wah, steady lah.
  • rafiee59
    Fatman2" said:
    Solid fish, Bro Rafiee.

I think this one must have given you a great fight. I remember my fren kena one at night at labrador and only 2 kilos already fight until want to mati like that. Imagine 8 kilos. =D> Wah, steady lah.
    Fatman2,

You are RIGHT & As Icebomb say POUNDS FOR POUNDS till you land it into the boat. He He He.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    What is a Leng Chiam in English? 
  • oliver

long nosed Emperor..