Pulau Ubin Fishing

sofish
edited March 2010 in General Fishing
Hi Guys,Im thinking of venturing to Pulau Ubin to do some fishing.
Any Bro's out there have good spots there to recommend?
Thanks
  • Andre Lim
    Pulau Ubin fishing is strictly for the young and hardy. Most of the good spots are only accessable after much sweating and exercise.

1. Main jetty - 30% good fish and 70% rubbisah.
    2. NPCC Camp site beach - good for huge rays and occassional Kurau.
    3. Former Pontoon ferry point - Night fishing can yeild some intereasting KBLs.

As for the rest of the island (remember to avoid the Chek Jawa area), don't expect anything spectacular other than catfish and maybe some guhoots!

CHEERS!
  • elijah1200
    Andre Lim" said:
    Pulau Ubin fishing is strictly for the young and hardy. Most of the good spots are only accessable after much sweating and exercise.

As for the rest of the island (remember to avoid the Chek Jawa area), don't expect anything spectacular other than catfish and maybe some guhoots!

CHEERS!

Where exactly is the Former Pontoon ferry point ?
  • sofish
    Andre Lim" said:

CHEERS!
    Thanks for the Tips Bro. By looking at the Geographical location of the campsite i think i know which part of the NPCC site ur referring about.But i cant stand noticing the irritating fencing at the coast nearer to the Johore Straits.( Cannot cast liao ) I was thinking of trying my luck at Ketam area.
    Btw anyone have any lobang for fishing on offshore fishing near ubin?
  • arze
    sofish" said:

Thanks for the Tips Bro. By looking at the Geographical location of the campsite i think i know which part of the NPCC site ur referring about.But i cant stand noticing the irritating fencing at the coast nearer to the Johore Straits.( Cannot cast liao ) I was thinking of trying my luck at Ketam area.
    Btw anyone have any lobang for fishing on offshore fishing near ubin?
    i saw the ketam area, looks ok there, near the bike trail there, saw some people fishing, but dunno what they catch, or whether anything or not.
  • Andre Lim
    edited March 2010
    I've been to the Pulau Ketam area before both from land and from sea. The place has fish bugt normally not too big. Guhood aplenty but beware of the monitor lizards as they infest the whole area. Some times they even take your bait and then you have problems.

Take care!
  • elijah1200
    is it the Former pontoon ferrt point near the uncle who keep the wild pig ?
  • sofish
    Thanks for the advice Bro's.
    Eh if hooked to monitor lizard would be like fishing Marlin u know... hahah
  • Andre Lim
    The old pontoon barge jetty area used to be located at the west end of Ubin near the Siamese temple .

Chech with the locals there, they should know the place.
  • lifesaving
    NPCC campsite beach, likely is the noordin beach?
  • sofish
    Either Nordin or Mamam beach bro. But due to fencing,i dont think you can cast far. I've seen a few members blog and my..the catch is nt that bad.
  • fishology
    Andre, monitor lizards still ok, as sunset approaches be wary of the Guards trained mosquitoes, they are not commandos sneaky one, they raid.....
  • merlionroar
    fishology" said:
    Andre, monitor lizards still ok, as sunset approaches be wary of the Guards trained mosquitoes, they are not commandos sneaky one, they raid.....
    and rape....
  • sofish
    fishology" said:
    AAAarrgh...Dammit. I hate those man! And i do agree,RAPE is the right term for it. Im gonna bring my army insect repellent and for all round defence mosquito coil. Oh btw for Bro's out there who wants tips, Egg cartons are good againts mosquito man. Works better than mosquito coil if you ask me. And its bio friendly. But i dunnoe abt those guards trained one's lah. haha..Cheers
  • herphermits
    Juat checked google maps, and i see there's a lake or a pond in the island. 
    Is it legal to fish in that lake or pond? 
    Anyone knows what kinda fish are in those waters?

I plan to visit Pulau Ubin this weekend.

Thanks to all replies...
  • Michael Lim
    The quarries are off limits, so avoid those areas.  Stick to the coastal waters and creeks.
  • herphermits
    The quarries are off limits, so avoid those areas.  Stick to the coastal waters and creeks.
    ​Thank you for the information sir.

Now i know where to cast my line when i come visit Pulau Ubin soon.

Thanks again
© Copyright 2016