Red Tilapia available at Jalan Kayu Farmway 4 A (JK4A)

Fishnow
edited March 2010 in General Fishing
I have been looking for these and finally found these 2"-4" small red tilapia (for baits)... effective for grouper and red snapper (AK), the operator has stock for them again.

For those also looking for these, It is the first fish farm at the left along Jalan Kayu farmway 4.
When you turn in, immediate at the left, there is a red banner saying Tropical fishes for sales (JK4A)...with a colourful Koi windsock next to the banner.

Hope it helps
  • yeongee
    what is the cost like?
  • Fishnow
    the red tilapia costs $0.50 each. I was told that these are the type farmed for restaurants (can grow to bigger size) not those from Longan...not that it matters to me

I will try to snap some pictures next time I go there again.

Hope it helps
  • Fishnow
    as promised, here are the pictures:

>> Ponds for rental
    >> Red Tilapia
    >> Entrance of the fish farm

• Peek
    Are you using them as live bait ?
    Red tilapia are fresh water fish, how to use for salt water ?
  • ahfai
    hahas.. must catch a big one before the tilapia dies lor i guess..
  • mako ng
    Peek" said:
    Are you using them as live bait ?
    no worries, these buggers can adapt to salt water ponds very fast and won't die so easily.
  • Fishnow
    mako ng" said:
    [quote="Peek"]Are you using them as live bait ?
    no worries, these buggers can adapt to salt water ponds very fast and won't die so easily.[/quote]

so far no problem as tilapias are very hardy fishes...will last as long as saltwater bait fishes in saltwater, after hooked.
  • Fishnow
    I am currently trying to find small live mullets....may I know if anyone knows where I can find them this week? Tried Changi...no luck

thanks
  • Fishnow
    thanks for the info...unfortunately I don't have / know how to use cast net.
  • blueoean
    bro, if you don't mind can you please help to pm me the owner's contact? Thanks!
  • piero
    Are these better than normal tilapia?
  • liusamuel
    Fishing Paradise tackle shop @ bottle tree park yishun do sell red tilapia and small koi too

3-4'' in size

$2 for 4 pink tilapia

$1 for 1 koi
  • buaysong
    Dont buy from fishing paradize. They can advertise for free
  • Fishnow
    I was told that the red tilapias at Jalan Kayu are sold out.
  • trent
    just curious ... I've always fished with live/dead prawns. How do you hook goldfish/tilapia as bait? Through the tail portion as well, or at the head?
  • Fishnow
    personally, I prefer to hook at the upper lip...seems to keep the bait alive longer.

Hope it helps
  • trent
    are these fishes more effective than live prawns during offshores?
  • Fishnow
    I always use live prawns or jig for bait fishes/sotong during offshore trip....have never used tilapia for offshore. Would be curious to know that too.
  • Fishnow
    Fishnow" said:
    I was told that the red tilapias at Jalan Kayu are sold out.
    They are in stock again

Hope it helps
  • Fishnow
    Hi,

If you are looking for black/grey tilapia for bait, you can get them from the drain next to Pasir ris pro pond. just use a small hook and a bit of prawn meat....

Hope it helps
  • Fishnow
    if you are looking to rent a pond for fish keeping, this fish farm (JK4A) has a few ponds (size: 20" by 40") going at $300 per month only. Just speak to the owner for more details.

Hope it helps
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Does anyone know where to buy Live Tilapia?

• BlurMil
    There's a shop inside Pasir Ris fw3 (Iwarna) that sells quite some red tilapia, big mollies, and occasional tilapia too. It right beside Ed's pond. 

Added the photo below. Shop is marked with red dropper. It's an old uncle's shop, he's very hardworking, works everyday starting from 4am!

but do note he usually closes around 4.30pm. 
  • fido
    JK4A still around and is it still selling red tilapia
  • fido
    anyone knows?????
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016