CNR: Toman to share

moby
edited May 2005 in Catch Reports
Hi, caught this beauty on sunday. What a wonderful fight!

Bait: Live cat fish
Rod: Xtreme Rod, 1 piece 6ft, 10-17 bait caster.
Reel: Tica

Just want to thank Urban Anglers for the the rod. The soft tip and backbone made the fight a memorable one.

First fish on this rod and it is this nice size toman. I cannot be happier.

This fish was released back into the water with sore lips and a bruised ego.
  • moby
    Hi moderator. Sorry i posted the pic without resize. Can pls remove the pic that is huge. I will post one that has been resized. Thanks.

No probs.

picture removed. Michael Lim
  • moby
    resize the pic.

• s999andy
    Wow..... nice helmet! ( joking) Nice catch :mrgreen:
  • moby
    Here is another with the nice rod.

• moby
    Thanks s999andy, glad you liked the ......................helmet. Ha Ha!!
  • feesh
    moby" said:
    Thanks s999andy, glad you liked the ......................helmet. Ha Ha!!
    nice lip grip! :smt040 nice toman also.
  • ken_boy
    To Moby,
    what lure was you using?

Very nice catch though,
    and on tica BC what model?
    Caiman?

Sorry for the inconvenience cause,
    Ken :P
  • moby
    Hi Ken boy, unfortunately it was not caught on lure but using live catfish. Contrary to the background, the fish was caught in the night. So i think catfish will be more effective. If early in the morning, popper such chug bug is pretty effective.

As for the reel, it is a Pisces. I would have used a Calcutta 200xt to better match the rod though.

I hope that helps.
  • ken_boy
    moby" said:
    Hi Ken boy, unfortunately it was not caught on lure but using live catfish. Contrary to the background, the fish was caught in the night. So i think catfish will be more effective. If early in the morning, popper such chug bug is pretty effective.

As for the reel, it is a Pisces. I would have used a Calcutta 200xt to better match the rod though.

I hope that helps.
    OoO...thanks a lot,
    sorry, I never saw u wrote "live catfish" :oops:
    BTW, you catch that fish in SG and In reservoir? :?:

Thanks,
    Ken :wink:
  • moby
    Hi Ken Boy, yup the fish was caught in spore. As for location..........erm.........secret lah. The picture has been edited so that the location cannot be seen so as to protect that spot from "Ta boa Kia". Hope you understand.
  • ken_boy
    Cool :lol:

Ken :P
  • banhock
    You must have gone through alot of trouble cutting out your pic, cutting out that helmet and super impose onto the background photo. How long did you spend trying to protect your secret location?
  • fishing warrant
    Where you buy the cat fish?
  • ah_siao21
    nice catch
    and nice helmet!!!!
  • moby
    I bought the live cat fish at jurong east. 8star aquarium. You can also get live catfish at the fishing shop near yishun mrt. One piece about 70 to 80 cents.

As to ban hock, ya, i did spend some time editing the picture to protect the secret location so as to protect the fish in that location. While i like to fish them, i also want them to continue being alive.

To ahsiao21, glad you liked the helmet. I think it looks pretty funny.

It is nice to share CR's so that every fishing trip would be filled with hope and anticipation that we may catch a fish that we read on a CR. It is also nice to see what others have caught and learn some things to each time to catch fish.