Tackle Shop BEDOK

Mathews
edited September 2009 in General Fishing
Just FYI...
For those staying in bedok like me there is small tackle shop, to buy the hooks,rigs, live baits (prawns/fish), worms etc... This is a small setup, but still have all the necessary items for fishing.... opened this week only... behind the bedok stadium... address is Blk 128 Bedok North, Street 2, 01-22... The shop name Zheng Hui Enterprise. Phone nbr is 64491932. The guys name is Galvin.
  • dorado_68
    great just opp my blk
  • Fishhhy
    Yup, across the street of my blk only, sarong selling at $1.80 each or 3 for $5, live prawns will be set up these few days so most probably by this weekend they will start selling live prawns and good news is if you bring your own container n pump, they will charge 100gms at $2.50 only or for transport to further location then they will wrap it up with thick bags with oxygen pump into the bag, while that will be priced at $2.80 per 100gms, still cheap :D

Saw many stocks come just now and most tackle are on 20% discount although the prices of most tackle including rods and reels are already cheap cheap cheap. What attract me is the original BJT jepun style tamban hooks at $1.50 only, try it you will know it is better than those which have the same type of cardboard holder, secret lies in the extra strand of holographic material which our good old jepun from BJT use ;)

They also other stuffs like what you see in Beach Road army shops(what they started selling since years ago), so you can even grab a fold-able chair or get your ranks sew there :lol:
  • ahmadillomon
    only open this week ah?after that close shop alrd issit?
  • Fishhhy
    ahmadillomon" said:
    only open this week ah?after that close shop alrd issit?
    Haha no la he meant this new tackle shop just started operation ;) Btw they started to sell the Butterfly brand pressure lamps, those used at BJT for catching sotongs. They have spare part for sale as well.
  • eeekology
    BJT style tamban hooks are at a price of $1.50 at most tackle shops.

Been to the shop a couple of times, asked the owner to help me choose one pack of worms (cocoon style). Went to my fav spot nearby, open up the cocoons, sad to say only 2 are left with live worms. The rest are all dead a long time. Very disappointing for a new shop to sell me such stuffs.
  • herman1207
    bros may i know till will they be cloing? During wkdays and weekends.thanks in advance.
  • Fishnow
    FYI: they are selling live prawns now @ $2.50 per 100g
  • REZA
    bro price good ya......but how about size?? some shop i been to wah lau...... too tiny la........
  • PeAnUt8787
    Fishnow" said:
    FYI: they are selling live prawns now @ $2.50 per 100g
    That's really a good price ;)
  • roaringflamer
    ah really good price, what time do they open and close? just wondering
  • Fishnow
    size is similar to what u buy from fishing pond.

For bigger live prawns, try sheng shiong (usually about $1.08 to 1.28 per 100g)
  • Fishhhy
    edited September 2009
    From what I last heard from them ;) :

Mon-Thurs open from 10am to 10pm
    Fri open from 10am to 12mn
    Sat open from 7am to 12mn
    Sun open from 7am to 10pm

Well, the sarong doesn't happen to any of their customers up till now, maybe eekology is the very very very very suay one, 1 or 2 dead ones in the pack is normal leh and do note that the supplier is the same for many shops. Doesn't mean you kena so many dead then the rest of the customers kena too. Don't need to come here spoil people's reputation, people are clever enough to smell the sarong before they buy, dead sarong will give out a very pungent smell(unless you don't even know you need to smell before you buy). You are still young but your nose is acting like a 90 years old's? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: Btw all accessories on 10% discount so the Tamban hooks have discount too.
  • Fishhhy
    REZA" said:
    bro price good ya......but how about size?? some shop i been to wah lau...... too tiny la........
    Haha some people like it tiny some just like it BIG :lol: :lol: Don't worry, they are of fishing size, not like those you see in Sheng Siong :D
  • Fishspace
    ytd went down buy things from them. they are very friendly... the army shop beside also belongs to them....
  • Fishhhy
    Ytd went down get some live prawns then the Boss, Ken told me there is a change in the shop opening and closing timing. As follows ;) :

Temp timing from now till 18/09/09:
    Mon - Thurs and Sun : 10am - 10pm
    Fri and Sat : 10am - 12mn

New and Permanent Timing will start W.E.F 19/09/09:
    Mon - Thurs : 10am - 10pm
    Fri : 10am - 12mn
    Sat & P.Holidays Eve: 7am - 12mn
    Sun & P.Holidays : 7am - 10pm
  • Fishhhy
    Fishspace" said:
    ytd went down buy things from them. they are very friendly... the army shop beside also belongs to them....
    Yup I like their concept very much, half doing army and camping equipments, half doing fishing tackle and baits. So if last minute need a hammock or a tent, can just grab from there.
  • muhd_fazlan86
    they got sell reel and rod?
  • Andykee
    muhd_fazlan86" said:
    they got sell reel and rod?
    Yes, they do.
  • eeekology
    Fishhhy" said:
    From what I last heard from them ;) :

Mon-Thurs open from 10am to 10pm
    Fri open from 10am to 12mn
    Sat open from 7am to 12mn
    Sun open from 7am to 10pm

Well, the sarong doesn't happen to any of their customers up till now, maybe eekology is the very very very very suay one, 1 or 2 dead ones in the pack is normal leh and do note that the supplier is the same for many shops. Doesn't mean you kena so many dead then the rest of the customers kena too. Don't need to come here spoil people's reputation, people are clever enough to smell the sarong before they buy, dead sarong will give out a very pungent smell(unless you don't even know you need to smell before you buy). You are still young but your nose is acting like a 90 years old's? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: Btw all accessories on 10% discount so the Tamban hooks have discount too.
    Yeap, I am young and not experienced in worm picking. That is why I consulted the owner to pick for me. For what I know 1 or 2 alive worms in a pack is not normal, that is if he is selling leftovers from many days ago. Tough luck for me.
    I don't mean to spoil or ruin people's reputation, especially when they just opened. My post here is just to share with our bros what I encountered. No hard feelings.
    I am still waiting for them to bring in the size 2 BJT style tamban hooks... Need to stock up on those good stuffs.
  • Cityslicker
    Buy...buy..buy! :badgrin:
  • PeAnUt8787
    Fishhhy" said:
    people are clever enough to smell the sarong before they buy
    Bro, I didn't come across anyone smelling sarong when buying :o
  • Fishhhy
    PeAnUt8787" said:
    [quote="Fishhhy"] people are clever enough to smell the sarong before they buy
    Bro, I didn't come across anyone smelling sarong when buying :o[/quote]
    That's because they not so particular just take and go mah. These are the people who buy in big quantities.
  • Fishspace
    friendly shop.... now go there buy my hooks swivels etc
  • fishingnub
    Are they still open if so what time I just started fishing hope to find some cheap reel,hook,rod 
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Call them 64491932
  • botakchong
    They are open daily from 1000hrs.
    Closed on every Wednesday.
    Good place for reel servicing too.

• Ralliart67
    This shop been there for a while right, I been there few years back?
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016