OT: Skunk's Food Log

skunk
edited December 2009 in General Fishing
Poussin marinated in Guiness Stout, roasted with herbs basting. Most expensive "chicken" I've ever eated...300g of meat at $18.90 LOL

Can eat once in a blue moon, not everyday.

Dry Riesling, bought by my wife on Father's Day for me :D apparently my daughter made noise when my wife passed by it LOL

Pork ribs, marinated with rose wine and herbs, baked over high heat for 2 hours. For my own Dad on Father's Day hehe

Pork Chops grilled over a hot flame, served with toasted multi-grain bread with melted cheddar cheese, Romaine lettuce drizzled with salad cream.

Half eaten by wife hehe

Sweet Riesling bought at Bottles & Bottles. Great wine with a mild smoke :)

I like it so much, here's a close-up:

Hope u guys like my pics, I will upload some of my on-going culinary adventures.

Have a nice day!
  • Trevor
    COOL!! This will be my MUST-CLICKS in FK :)

Thanks for sharing, Skunk!

But..

Wu Sample Bo huh?
  • Singapore Sea Brothers
    Makan time Mr. & Mrs. Skunk... :badgrin:
  • skunk
    Trevor" said:
    COOL!! This will be my MUST-CLICKS in FK :)

Thanks for sharing, Skunk!

But..

Wu Sample Bo huh?
    if u want LOL
  • PeAnUt8787
    I nearly fainted onto the keyboard when i saw your pork chop!!! :cry:
  • skunk
    lets sea what's for lunch hehe

flame-grilled Tierney's sausage, prawns and mud crab with sambal chilli, aussie potatos n baby carrots

clam soup with sliced mushrooms n lettuce, slow-boiled with a large cup of ginseng wine and prawn heads which were later removed. A dash of black pepper to taste :)

still thirsty? Cheap n refreshing Leo beer.

Bon Appetit!
  • Ray Lin
    bonjour skunk,

j'ai faim! Bon Appetit!
  • skunk
    Ray Lin" said:
    bonjour skunk,

j'ai faim! Bon Appetit!
    comment vas-tu, tes lecons francais? hehe
  • Trevor
    Slow boiled soup wont cause the clams to be Rubbery and over-cooked ah Chef Skunk? Also another thing ur sambal u spread on the crab shell means u gotta lick it off later right.. WAH SO KINKY leh! hahaha...
  • skunk
    Trevor" said:
    Slow boiled soup wont cause the clams to be Rubbery and over-cooked ah Chef Skunk? Also another thing ur sambal u spread on the crab shell means u gotta lick it off later right.. WAH SO KINKY leh! hahaha...
    the soup was slow-boiled with prawn heads, then removed. Vege and mushroom thrown in, with a rolling boil....2 mins later clams dumped in....2 mins later, serve :) not to forget the ginseng wine dumped in the last min hehe

Wifey likes sambal, so i just smeared it on the crab....my own crab is "naked", no dressing, neither the prawns....i love food just the way they are, "naked" :)
  • tyrtok
    the zwilling knife is sexy!
  • Trevor
    skunk" said:
    [quote="Trevor"]Slow boiled soup wont cause the clams to be Rubbery and over-cooked ah Chef Skunk? Also another thing ur sambal u spread on the crab shell means u gotta lick it off later right.. WAH SO KINKY leh! hahaha...
    the soup was slow-boiled with prawn heads, then removed. Vege and mushroom thrown in, with a rolling boil....2 mins later clams dumped in....2 mins later, serve :) not to forget the ginseng wine dumped in the last min hehe

Wifey likes sambal, so i just smeared it on the crab....my own crab is "naked", no dressing, neither the prawns....i love food just the way they are, "naked" :)[/quote]

Orhz.........
  • ultraboi
    Good stuff, skunk consider blogging it too! :D
  • skunk
    cheap Argentinian Riesling from NTUC....not always must drink exp wine....sometimes cheap ones also quite good hehe

equally cheap, but waaayyy better German Riesling

luncheon meat and minced beef pie...filled with baby carrots, potato bits, mushroom and a dash of Italian herbs...

what the heck's wrong with my camera....so fuzzy :(

hope u guys enjoyed my pics :)
  • skunk
    dinner was 2 leftover Tierney sausages....and 4 Black Pepper Pork Chops.

Stit-fried sprouts

no booze for dinner...still nursing sore throat :(
  • Fat fisherman
    Brother, YOu have to add Jacob creek or Wolf Blass reslsing to you taste la.

Also suggest the white from cloudy bay, or oyster bay from kiwi land.

Not bad at all.
  • skunk
    Fat fisherman" said:
    Brother, YOu have to add Jacob creek or Wolf Blass reslsing to you taste la.

Also suggest the white from cloudy bay, or oyster bay from kiwi land.

Not bad at all.
    I generally finish a bottle every 2 days, with a couple of beers thrown in....as u can see, i don't have the budget for better wines :(

Beggars can't be choosers LOL
  • cr
    your meat pie and ribs looks good! what flour is needed for the crust? do consider setting up a blog, find your post interesting
  • skunk
    cr" said:
    your meat pie and ribs looks good! what flour is needed for the crust? do consider setting up a blog, find your post interesting
    it's simply multi-purpose flour with olive oil and some salt. It's nice and crumbly....maybe too crumbly haha...i need to tweak the proportions LOL
  • Trevor
    skunk" said:
    [quote="cr"]your meat pie and ribs looks good! what flour is needed for the crust? do consider setting up a blog, find your post interesting
    it's simply multi-purpose flour with olive oil and some salt. It's nice and crumbly....maybe too crumbly haha...i need to tweak the proportions LOL[/quote]

never add eggy into ur flour mixture ah boss?
  • skunk
    Trevor" said:

neber hehe....is that why it's extra crumbly?
  • skunk
    yesterday went to Bottles & Bottles....finally Wolf Blass on promotion, $52 for 2 bottles hehe

bought others too.

using the leftover pie fillings, i baked buns with 'em. Excellent to go with the wine :)

• skunk
    baked another set of 9 buns again....but this time with Mozarella cheese. Fwah tastes even better!!! Yummy!!!

• LAQ
    edited July 2009
    moscato not bad, i like. :lol: nice photos, now i am hungry!!
  • LAQ
    LAQ" said:
    moscato not bad, i like. :lol: nice photos, now i am hungry!!
  • Trevor
    skunk" said:
    [quote="Trevor"]
    neber hehe....is that why it's extra crumbly?[/quote]

yah.. tink u shld add in eggy nxt timey.. hehehe :P
  • Trevor
    Eh ur bun inside put cheese ah? the 1st set of buns inside kosong wan huh?

Buns n wines.. nice ah?
  • skunk
    Trevor" said:
    Eh ur bun inside put cheese ah? the 1st set of buns inside kosong wan huh?

Buns n wines.. nice ah?
    1st set of buns inside is luncheon meat
  • skunk
    not every meal is exquisite....some is simple baked red snapper with oyster sauce n black pepper

btw, i "discovered" Moscato has only 5.5% alcohol :shock: im never buying it again hehe
  • skunk
    first time making Tiramisu....quite a disaster LOL but still tastes quite good hehe...just doesn't look good only :)

plain old simple mashed potatoes with Parmesan cheese.

Bon Appetit ;)
  • Trevor
    Mashed potatoes i like to use blue cheese.. WAH SEY!! SONG SONG KAU JURONG AH!
© Copyright 2016