CR: Trikora Fishing Trip 10th & 11th May

Eddie
edited May 2005 in Catch Reports
Date: 9th May to 10th May 2005

Anglers: Eddie(myself), Henry (Yishun Sincere Tackle Boss), Mr Yeo and Andrew

Departed Yishun Sincere ard eight plus to reach Tanah Merah with rain greeting us... Henry was sayin tat i might have brought along the rain as it was a trip of uncles and I am the youngest. Anyway, we reached Tg Pinang around eleven thirty and it was really pouring cats and dogs...

Took our meal at a nearby shop and headed for the site. It was a two and a half "joy" ride... specifically I dunno the location name.. but i know its another one hr from Elly's Kelong. This trip we had to rush as we had brought along live prawns and milk fish to try... anyway... the day started with rain drizziling

As I was the only guy with heavy gears (Sure Catch - Big Challenge Trolling with Penn 16S)... I trolled all the way to the first fishing spot... well.. we had nothing... REached the first spot... we used lighter tackles.. as for Andrew and HEnry, they were using Saltiga. Within mins... Henry had the first catch of Grouper ("Qi Xin Ban") abt a kilo plus... follow by non stop table size parrots tat can't seems to resist our live prawns. And I brought up the first and last trevally of the whole fishing trip on spinning rod which was meant for jigging bait fish. The whole rod went into a U-shape and my Penn Xtreme was just pouring more and more line... It was a great show... as i had nothing on my name yet and it was on such light tackle. After 15 mins.. the trevally seems to be shagged out already... so I had my chance of retrieving back most of my line as i realised that i had ran out most of my line... another ten metres and i will be de-spooled. And finally, brought up a 1.5 kg trevally. Its not big.. but consider tat it was on the light rod.. the fun and thrill of fighting it... shiok la!!!

We shifted to another spot with boatman bringing up kaci(s) and parrots. But the strike rate was lower... as the rain started to get heavier. We were busy enjoying our cigars when Mr YEo had a great tug on his PEnn Jig MAster and it was like a train non stop. But after ten mins, he had brought up the largest parrot of the trip weighing 3.7kg.. HE had managed to prove us wrong tat the rain will bring us no parrots.. tats LEsson One

Third SPot... where we had our fresh kaci and sotong porridge prepared by the Ah Pek... while we continue to have hits on kaci(s), Ang Chors, groupers, Sharks and Sting Rays. Our dear Andrew and Mr Yeo had a double hook ups and we were watching having "fun" with the Sting rays... within twenty mins, Mr Yeo has his ten kilo Sting Ray up... while Andrew's Saltiga gets de-spooled slowly... Henry estimate the ray to be at least 30kg... After thirty mins, Andrew could not tahan... and Henry took over. Its really an eye opener to see a veteren play it so well. Within mins, we had the 40kg Leopard Ray up on deck. LEsson Two: NEver underestimate the fish u can get in the nite. Rather overkill than to be killed...

Last SPot for the nite.. brought us more sharks and snappers. We were aiming for the golden snapper and the boatman was the only lucky guy... with the catch of ard 4kg??? I dunno the weight tho... Due to the strong currents.. we had nothing for the whole period of 1am to 4am... The first catch of the morning was by Mr Yeo on sotong, a kaci weighing two kg plus.

Last Spot of the whole trip... We saw Mr YEo bringing up another grouper on milk fish and his tug of war with an at least 7kg cobia and numerous sangkuts by us...

Overall... the trip is fascinating.. we had at least a deckie to ourselves who will help us to hook bait, tie leader, run errands for us... the food is shiok...

Rating: 9/10

• Amberjack Hunter
    Nice catches Eddy 8) ,

....correct me Ed if I got it wrong, I believe you went to Trikora -3 on tekong Eng Kim' boat and fishing ard Berakit area ? :wink:

Rgds
    Bro RK
  • Eddie
    Amberjack Hunter" said:
    Nice catches Eddy 8) ,

....correct me Ed if I got it wrong, I believe you went to Trikora -3 on tekong Eng Kim' boat and fishing ard Berakit area ? :wink:

Rgds
    Bro RK
    I think so man... haha... ITs Henry's weekly routine to go there. so I didnt had to ask much...
  • Old Man
    Really shiok. Find one day join henry...
  • s999andy
    Nice catch Eddie. :smt023 I was there that day :supz:
  • James Wang
    Not bad dudez. Our trip all Whites, at least you have a snapper and a few spotted ang chors and big groupas. Wow, you all brought live baits there! Cool, so how useful are they? Where are the rest of the parrots, stringrays and angchors? Our trip only got 3 big parrots, 1 ray and no more of that kinds.
  • Eddie
    zihao" said:
    Not bad dudez. Our trip all Whites, at least you have a snapper and a few spotted ang chors and big groupas. Wow, you all brought live baits there! Cool, so how useful are they? Where are the rest of the parrots, stringrays and angchors? Our trip only got 3 big parrots, 1 ray and no more of that kinds.
    The live baits are damn good... Its a waste that we only brought 900g there for testing... it was gone by evening... total we had two rays... One is the normal brown one... which was divided into 04. The other leopard ray... was released. The pics of the ray are with Henry. The rest of ang chors.. must take from henry also...
    Old Man" said:
    Really shiok. Find one day join henry...
    haha.. you should. I still have another trip with him to Nasai (sorry if i had spelled wrongly). Its really fun to have him along. But... i guess u might have to wait for some time before the next available date...
  • Penn
    Great catch & CR.

Trip organised by henry can be more productive than this. I am not saying yours is not productive, but I had seen his catch a few times when he return. A few weeks back, think he caught bigger fish than this. Find one day I must follow you guys :D
  • Eddie
    Penn" said:
    Great catch & CR.

Trip organised by henry can be more productive than this. I am not saying yours is not productive, but I had seen his catch a few times when he return. A few weeks back, think he caught bigger fish than this. Find one day I must follow you guys :D
    I know his trip can be more productive.. No worries.. We ourselves know wat we can get.. but.. that trip seems to be not as good as his previous.. Moreover.. Henry was not well tat day also.. plus the current and the weather... Well, this is fishing.. not everyday is sunday... :D
  • Zendorf
    Eddie:

Nice Catch. :D
This discussion has been closed.
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016