Fishing @ Woodlands Checkpoint

Rizaldinho
edited October 2010 in General Fishing
Can anybody tell me hows the waters at woodlands checkpoint there? cos i thought of fishing there. and i dont really see saltwater catch reports from this place. enlighten me someone? hahas. thanks
  • Rizaldinho
    guess someone could help me?
  • Bill
    frm wat i know some waters there are off limits
  • arze
    i have seen people fishing there but never see anything caught never tried either but giving it a try won't hurt
  • bumshell
    Two weeks back, on the bus to J.B check point saw this fishso carrying a barracuda abt a meter long happily walking on the water pipe line. lol
  • bkkguy
    bumshell" said:
    Two weeks back, on the bus to J.B check point saw this fishso carrying a barracuda abt a meter long happily walking on the water pipe line. lol

I think there is a police post overlook at the causeway.
    I believe it illegal to fish along the water pipe.

Try the old shell station jetty near the bridge, there are many groupers hiding below the jetty.
  • bumshell
    edited January 2009
    bkkguy" said:
    [quote="bumshell"]Two weeks back, on the bus to J.B check point saw this fishso carrying a barracuda abt a meter long happily walking on the water pipe line. lol

I think there is a police post overlook at the causeway.
    I believe it illegal to fish along the water pipe.

Try the old shell station jetty near the bridge, there are many groupers hiding below the jetty.[/quote]

Yes totally agree with the above,highly not Recommended as it is illegal and dangerous as well. Can't imagine if the guy slip and fell with the fish and fishing gear. lol
  • DeathMaster
    im a frequent fisher @ the wdl checkpoint..can contact me at 9649 5613 DeathMaster aka Death.

cheers =)
  • fishynatic
    DeathMaster" said:
    im a frequent fisher @ the wdl checkpoint..can contact me at 9649 5613 DeathMaster aka Death.

cheers =)
    what fish do u get there? i stay very near there. i wud say its lifeless BUT! when the new jetty open up.. wuuuhoooo ada citar baik!
  • DeathMaster
    fishynatic" said:
    [quote="DeathMaster"]im a frequent fisher @ the wdl checkpoint..can contact me at 9649 5613 DeathMaster aka Death.

cheers =)
    what fish do u get there? i stay very near there. i wud say its lifeless BUT! when the new jetty open up.. wuuuhoooo ada citar baik![/quote]

KBLs and blu gang or wad so ever..v v occasional surprise one la..heard stories abt ppl using rapala to get KBLs..i've yet to try it out tho..if u're only fishing for kicks..the blu gangs there nowadays are good in fighting..
  • Atrozation
    Death, Woodland have alot of fishing spots.
    Just very curious as im a begineer
    wat do you use as bait?
    kelong sotong? sarong worm?
    I am keen too but im from tampines
    i saved ur number in any cases pm me xD
  • aaronlim_1
    i've once saw a malay apek carryin todaks n barracudas lol damn big...they fish at the old custom thr gt 1 empty building meant for takin white cards de.juz at the left side when u go in frm sg.btw i go to mersing n fish quite frequently any 1 wanna join me? haha...
  • EdLee
    DeathMaster" said:

cheers =)
    I love to join you some day too if you don't mind strangers. Many many many many... *catch a breath* many years ago, used to fish at the bridge further down the road.

I stay nearby and moreover Regal Tang at 888 sell baits too.
  • DeathMaster
    can can..np edlee..

juz gimme a text.. =)
  • DeathMaster
    ed lee.. i stay North Oak
  • EdLee
    Oh cool... I am closer to Ave 1... Woodgroves... near to stadium as a guide. :D 10 mins away from Causeway.

Sometimes damn bored, just hop into a cab with one or two small rods head down to Sembawang Beach via Senoko route.
  • DeathMaster
    oh..normally i'll just fish overnight if the weather permits..lol..
  • EdLee
    Me too. I find it a lot cooler and quieter to fish in the night. While I enjoy being in the sun, sometimes the heat takes the fun out of fishing. Becomes a desert survival trip more like it.
  • DeathMaster
    cant agree more to day fishing..lol..
  • brani
    DeathMaster" said:
    cant agree more to day fishing..lol..
    hey i stay at woodlands crescent more closer to you...hehehe
  • DeathMaster
    lol..same la..i oso wdl crescent ma..aiya..how big is singapore.. =)
  • EdLee
    So when's the next fishing session for anyone? Let's plan for a mini "North Pole expedition"? :D Sembawang jetty? Senoko? Woodlands customs?

I am not sure about the status of the rest of you, I am flexible with work so weekday overnight is ok for me. (In fact there are less people on weekday nights, damn good to chop the spot facing the shipyard if heading for sembawang jetty.)
  • brani
    EdLee" said:
    So when's the next fishing session for anyone? Let's plan for a mini "North Pole expedition"? :D Sembawang jetty? Senoko? Woodlands customs?

I am not sure about the status of the rest of you, I am flexible with work so weekday overnight is ok for me. (In fact there are less people on weekday nights, damn good to chop the spot facing the shipyard if heading for sembawang jetty.)
    u plan ar and tell us.my werk also siao2.one day werk(24hr) 2day off.
  • brani
    DeathMaster" said:
    lol..same la..i oso wdl crescent ma..aiya..how big is singapore.. =)
    bro i tot u say northoak?shuld b condo ar?
  • EdLee
    brani" said:
    [quote="EdLee"]So when's the next fishing session for anyone? Let's plan for a mini "North Pole expedition"? :D Sembawang jetty? Senoko? Woodlands customs?

u plan ar and tell us.my werk also siao2.one day werk(24hr) 2day off.[/quote]

SCDF?

I need to fix my rods and buy new reels first. Hahaha...! Probably go along with light gears and no surfcasting. It's breaking my bank having to restock myself after so many years.

Most likely next month? I am having a boat trip with my friends probably mid or 3rd week of April. It will be nice to have a warm-up session. My hands are getting very very itchy... I'm already molesting all the fishes my mum bought from the market.
  • brani
    EdLee" said:
    [quote="brani"][quote="EdLee"]So when's the next fishing session for anyone? Let's plan for a mini "North Pole expedition"? :D Sembawang jetty? Senoko? Woodlands customs?

u plan ar and tell us.my werk also siao2.one day werk(24hr) 2day off.[/quote]

SCDF?

I need to fix my rods and buy new reels first. Hahaha...! Probably go along with light gears and no surfcasting. It's breaking my bank having to restock myself after so many years.

Most likely next month? I am having a boat trip with my friends probably mid or 3rd week of April. It will be nice to have a warm-up session. My hands are getting very very itchy... I'm already molesting all the fishes my mum bought from the market.[/quote]

hehehe..molesting fish is taboo bro.i work in psa.pulau brani opp sentosa.ur boat trip got vacancy bo? :lol:
  • EdLee
    So far no vancacies. The boat can take 6 to 7 and the ladies want some privacy so we are keeping it within our own friends. They're just going to sun-tan at the bow while the guys carry on with our fishing most likely. I apologize for that.

But with 2 or 3 of the guys (like myself) crawling back to fishing, we might be heading offshore once a month. If there are vacancies I will keep you inform. :D

Secret: I used to fish on Pulau Brani too. :badgrin: Yes! Very good spot for groupers. I didn't even need to use live prawns or squids. Even raw chicken meat, the groupers there will take it with no complains.
  • brani
    EdLee" said:
    So far no vancacies. The boat can take 6 to 7 and the ladies want some privacy so we are keeping it within our own friends. They're just going to sun-tan at the bow while the guys carry on with our fishing most likely. I apologize for that.

But with 2 or 3 of the guys (like myself) crawling back to fishing, we might be heading offshore once a month. If there are vacancies I will keep you inform. :D

Secret: I used to fish on Pulau Brani too. :badgrin: Yes! Very good spot for groupers. I didn't even need to use live prawns or squids. Even raw chicken meat, the groupers there will take it with no complains.
    hey bro which part of brani?which crane?which wharfmark?i too share that secret..hehehehe but i frequent finger pier another ofis there.
  • EdLee
    Many years ago - uniformed personnel. LOL!

No cranes. Only a row of idiots lining up by the bow as we set sail.

Sighz... if only I could get back to those secret spots. If only... if only...
  • brani
    EdLee" said:
    Many years ago - uniformed personnel. LOL!

No cranes. Only a row of idiots lining up by the bow as we set sail.

Sighz... if only I could get back to those secret spots. If only... if only...
    i do it for u bro..hehehehe..
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016