Newbie wanna try learn LIVE BAITING

nightdash
edited December 2008 in Kakis looking for Kakis
Hello there, I'm a newbie here.

Learnt luring this year and enjoyed it..., see my catch reports under diaso lures in lure fishing. I do lotsa of luring.

But never try using live bait before, so need some sifu to teach me how to rig it with what set up.

Want to meet some NORMAL GUYS/GALS that don't try to borrow money from me after meeting or try to chu pattern. Sorry, bad encounter with strangers.

Working but I dun drive, no $$$ for you guys to swinder.
  • Redshadow
    nightdash" said:
    Hello there, I'm a newbie here.

Learnt luring this year and enjoyed it..., see my catch reports under diaso lures in lure fishing. I do lotsa of luring.

But never try using live bait before, so need some sifu to teach me how to rig it with what set up.

Want to meet some NORMAL GUYS/GALS that don't try to borrow money from me after meeting or try to chu pattern. Sorry, bad encounter with strangers.

Working but I dun drive, no $$$ for you guys to swinder.
    for live baiting,,what you got to do is to hook the bait n cast lor,,
    either you use apollo hook aka paternoster,,which you can buy ready to use type,,
    hope this helps

my 2 cents

cheers
    tightlines and screaming reels,, z z z z z,,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • nightdash
    But what about the weight and the float?

I use lure so simple, just clip on and cast, sometimes use some clip on weights,that's all.

And I want to be able to re-use the live bait, so if at the end of the day no fish bite, I can keep it alive for the next day.
  • Redshadow
    nightdash" said:

I use lure so simple, just clip on and cast, sometimes use some clip on weights,that's all.

And I want to be able to re-use the live bait, so if at the end of the day no fish bite, I can keep it alive for the next day.
    for live baits ,,like prawns,,you need a live well and a battery operated air pump,
    and prawns water is to be kept cold all the time,,
    weight depends on what the current demands,,otherwise your rig wil drift away
  • xfishing
    nightdash" said:

You stick the hook thru the body of the bait.
    How is it able to survive till that long?
    Think about this:
    You take a knife and stab someone in the back.
    Let him struggle for 2 hrs before pull out the knife.

Do you think he still can live?
  • nightdash
    For prawns, I'm thinking of hooking onto the shell only.

For fishes, I'm thinking of hooking thru the lips or gills.

But never try before...

Or maybe I can use dental floss to tie the prawn to the hook.

So I think need to investigate ways to keep the bait alive and kicking.
  • Redshadow
    nightdash" said:
    For prawns, I'm thinking of hooking onto the shell only.

For fishes, I'm thinking of hooking thru the lips or gills.

But never try before...

Or maybe I can use dental floss to tie the prawn to the hook.

So I think need to investigate ways to keep the bait alive and kicking.

for prawns you hook thru body slghtly near the tail,,but try not to hook on the vein as you can see a black line running thru the head to d tail

as forlive fish either you hook thru the lips and body slightly neart d taill