Tanjong Penjuru

fosey
edited February 2006 in General Fishing
Was fishing there they other day with my other kaki with dead prawns. caught a few whitings there before my friend got a huge pull...the minute he strike, line kept going out before the line sangkot. no choice but to burst line....

Then, it was my turn. i got a huge pull. i striked...line went out for 2 seconds before it got sangkot. I suspect that it's quite a big garoupa.

Anyone has fished here before? any pics to share? :D
  • Lawrento
    Hi Buddy,
    Heard about this place from friends that hv fish there B4 .....
    Super Eerieee ........
    Heard from older folks, during the Japanese occupations period, this is one of the execution sites.
    Fish other place lah, for safety ......
  • Icebomb
    Fosey...want to try?bring me go ok :twisted:
  • xiggie
    exactly where at tanjung penjuru .... lots of place to fish there .....
  • fosey
    it's quite near pandan reservoir....not really sure where...but there were quite a few boats parked there. it's near a bus stop
  • fosey
    icebomb" said:
    Fosey...want to try?bring me go ok :twisted:
    haha, see when im free then i jio you
  • Derrick Lim
    during the late 80s and eraly 90s.......the place is sure a hotspot for fishing......got all kinds of fishes......prawns...oysters......and thats is my playground when my dad bring me go fishing.......got my 1st fish there...a chermin.....and thats why my nick is chermin....landed monster there b4.....stripped by monster there b4.......but now...lucky if u catch sumthing decent......but once a while i will go back there too.....
  • hungry ang chor
    well had lured around there before results not bad. monster were landed there before but now i think due to the heavy lenging from the foreign workers that spot not so good anymore. :( well big mud crabs, ang chor, chermin, kbl, barracuda,giant herring and groupers are the fishes you can find there.
  • stnicholas81
    Lawrento" said:
    Hi Buddy,
    Super Eerieee ........
    Heard from older folks, during the Japanese occupations period, this is one of the execution sites.
    foesy i want to go too. aiyoh, everywhere also got pple die before la. even my backyard punggol end also execution site.
  • fosey
    cool, so many stories about this place. The last time i was there, there was something big chasing all the mullet around....i suspect it's a KBL. I'll probably try luring over there.
  • banhock
    Hey guys

Do let me know if you are there. Cos my warehouse is nearby. :D

If I happen to be there I might just join in. Hee Hee.

Cheers

Ban
  • biohazard
    hmm there still hot meh woah
  • Samson King
    Lawrento" said:
    Hi Buddy,
    Super Eerieee ........
    Lawrento, whoa, bring back history to scarce the guts out of those younger angler huh :roll: :roll: :roll: :) :) :)
  • Jeffio
    fosey: just curious.... is the spot u mention.... have to walk along a small longkang be4 u reach the spot????
    used to fish there be4..... nothing landed as i onli went twice... got a few strong pull but be4 i got time to strike, the line burst.... as my tension was lock...
    anyway... tight lines.....
  • Silverfox
    fosey" said:
    Was fishing there they other day with my other kaki with dead prawns. caught a few whitings there before my friend got a huge pull...the minute he strike, line kept going out before the line sangkot. no choice but to burst line....

Then, it was my turn. i got a huge pull. i striked...line went out for 2 seconds before it got sangkot. I suspect that it's quite a big garoupa.

hi, are u talking about jurong river?? or sungei pandan?? jurong river (aka tai lang kang) is near to the pig slaughter house (tai der long) that place full of pollution, there was once about 5 years ago, the whole bank was full of dead fish. ugly scene. sungei pandan, or pandan river which is nearer to pandan resorvoir which is equally polluted.

not very keen in these 2 spot, shall we explore our spot this sunday??
  • fosey
    Silverfox" said:
    [quote="fosey"]Was fishing there they other day with my other kaki with dead prawns. caught a few whitings there before my friend got a huge pull...the minute he strike, line kept going out before the line sangkot. no choice but to burst line....

hi, are u talking about jurong river?? or sungei pandan?? jurong river (aka tai lang kang) is near to the pig slaughter house (tai der long) that place full of pollution, there was once about 5 years ago, the whole bank was full of dead fish. ugly scene. sungei pandan, or pandan river which is nearer to pandan resorvoir which is equally polluted.

not very keen in these 2 spot, shall we explore our spot this sunday??[/quote]

hey there,
    im not too sure whether it's jurong river or what, but i AM keen on exploring. This sunday i should be totally free. I havent seen any signs of pollution. it's something like a mangrove swap. tons of whitings and catfish. But i'm only more interested in the HUGE MAMA, chasing all the mullet. =D
  • FadeOut
    hungry ang chor" said:
    well had lured around there before results not bad. monster were landed there before but now i think due to the heavy lenging from the foreign workers that spot not so good anymore. :( well big mud crabs, ang chor, chermin, kbl, barracuda,giant herring and groupers are the fishes you can find there.
    bo jio!!!!
  • hungry ang chor
    FadeOut" said:
    [quote="hungry ang chor"]well had lured around there before results not bad. monster were landed there before but now i think due to the heavy lenging from the foreign workers that spot not so good anymore. :( well big mud crabs, ang chor, chermin, kbl, barracuda,giant herring and groupers are the fishes you can find there.
    bo jio!!!![/quote]
    told you before got nice spots around west area liao. dont worry when the time is right will confirm call you la but now abit lazy to lure in the wild also hahahaha.... 8)
  • stingrray
    hungry ang chor" said:
    told you before got nice spots around west area liao. dont worry when the time is right will confirm call you la but now abit lazy to lure in the wild also hahahaha.... 8)
    bro...
    Can give me a ring when the time is ripe? I also interested... :smt110 Purchase many lures but still haven't got Maria XJ from net yet. :evil:

cheers,
    stingrray 8)
  • hungry ang chor
    stingrray" said:
    [quote="hungry ang chor"]told you before got nice spots around west area liao. dont worry when the time is right will confirm call you la but now abit lazy to lure in the wild also hahahaha.... 8)
    bro...
    Can give me a ring when the time is ripe? I also interested... :smt110 Purchase many lures but still haven't got Maria XJ from net yet. :evil:

cheers,
    stingrray 8)[/quote]
    sure thing no problem will let you know ..... dont worry about getting maria la other lure work as well...
  • Silverfox
    fosey" said:
    [quote="Silverfox"][quote="fosey"]Was fishing there they other day with my other kaki with dead prawns. caught a few whitings there before my friend got a huge pull...the minute he strike, line kept going out before the line sangkot. no choice but to burst line....

not very keen in these 2 spot, shall we explore our spot this sunday??[/quote]

hey there,
    im not too sure whether it's jurong river or what, but i AM keen on exploring. This sunday i should be totally free. I havent seen any signs of pollution. it's something like a mangrove swap. tons of whitings and catfish. But i'm only more interested in the HUGE MAMA, chasing all the mullet. =D[/quote]

alright man!!! get your weapons ready!!! this sunday we shall load these buggers up!!!!
  • stnicholas81
    hey me is interested too, can i come along? =) cheers.

rgds,
    Nic
  • FadeOut
    bo jio!!!![/quote]
    told you before got nice spots around west area liao. dont worry when the time is right will confirm call you la but now abit lazy to lure in the wild also hahahaha.... 8)[/quote]

hahah when is the ripe time? when the moon faces 45 degrees to the sun? hahah anyway don be lazy la... u know its worthwhile to lure in the wild when u hit a mama..
  • fosey
    sorry to all who are interested to go on this trip. but i cant really invite all of you to this spot.
  • yc
    banhock" said:
    Hey guys

Do let me know if you are there. Cos my warehouse is nearby. :D

If I happen to be there I might just join in. Hee Hee.

Cheers

Ban
    Hi Bro,

Just curious, which one is ur warehouse? i go there very often to visit my customers.
  • kywenyi
    hello, any idea if this spot still can fish?
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Yes the entire place is still fishable. Getting there is tough.
  • herphermits
    Yes the entire place is still fishable. Getting there is tough.
    ​Mind sharing directions to the place?

• Luke Maow Bear
    Many ways in, Google "Jurong River" it is near Pandan.

I go in from some road that my friend takes when he drives; hit a few Kims (Barra) there.

When is the question and it was done over the past 2 years off and on :)
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016