cr sabah

liusamuel
edited May 2005 in Catch Reports
yo guys first of all...finally fishingkaki is up again....
great trip with lots of fishes and exciting tales to tell...
weather was a little rough and windy. Waves were ard 1m high but current was great....
Catch report
japaness red 60++ 2-4 kg(very strong figher and we caught the bulk of them on the our last day early morning)
white trevally 20 odd 2-3kg
big eye trevally 8 5-6kg(excellent fight on jig)
GT 18kg
ang cho 20+ 3-5kg (first time catching ang cho in sabah and all damm big)
ang kuay 3kg
red emperor 2kg
ang go li 30+ 1-4kg
a few red grouper
grouper 7kg
trenggri 7.5 5-7kg(one kenna whack by another bigger trenggri)
and many more other big funny fishes...

this trip we managed to fill up at least 1.75 of the boat big ice box...so ard 700+kg of fishes.....very little small fish(under 1kg) but lots of big one average 2-4 kg....
caught one very funny shark maybe people here can help to id
lost a few fishes to shark
thomas got spooled in less than 2 min with his ocean jigger. Boat man said that it could me a 30kg GT...
had a fight of my life on med light tackle, fighting a giant ray which the leader burst when it was abt to gaff...
and many many more....will let the pic tell all the story,,,
pics will be up by tomorrow...
  • sailfish24
    Welcome back Sam.
    Hope to join u guys 1 of these days. :)
  • shineshy
    bro liusamuel , wat gears did u use for e trip ?
  • Clive Tan
    wow bro... my floor full of saliva already.

excellent trip!!!
  • liusamuel
    yo bro cant seem to upload the pics...so i did it in another website....
    enjoy

Edited by Michael Lim. Posted the pics for you. Please read this thread : How to attach pictures in FishingKaki.com for more info.

• Zendorf
    liusamuel:

I like to ask which ppl to contact for sabah fishing trip????
    Does Singapore got ppl to organising this trip???
    How much does such trip cost????
    How is the sea state and what is the date you went for this amazing trip????

:shock:
  • liusamuel
    we organised ourselves but currently all fully booked cos very popular boat man....the sea state is alittle rough and the total cost is ard 600+..
  • liusamuel
    shineshy" said:
    bro liusamuel , wat gears did u use for e trip ?
    we use normal tackles for tp in the day....and heavier ones at night..
    like TLD 30
  • Robsen Chang
    Nice catch guys/gals...well done.. :wink:

Thomas never tell me he kenna spooled :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :shock:

Rob
  • James Wang
    Lol. You use arofanatics gallery to post your pix. Anyway, nice catches. Hope to join you on your next trip. Oh that shark is a hybrid breed. Cant remember the name but it has crossed genes. Looks like alot of grumbling and flaming on that thread dude...
  • Zendorf
    Thanx liusamuel for your info.
    BTW Thats is a Thresher Shark
    An Anatomy Pic is provided.

SIZE
    The Common Thresher shark ranges from 16.5 to 20 ft (5 to 6 m) long.

HABITAT AND DISTRIBUTION
    The Common Thresher Shark swims from the surface to a depth of about 1,150 feet (350 m). It lives in open tropical and temperate waters, including the eastern and western Atlantic, the central Pacific, and the Indo-west Pacific

TEETH AND DIET
    The Thresher eats squid and fish, corraling them with its elongated tail, stunning them with slaps from it, and catching them with its very sharp (but small) teeth.

SPEED AND SWIMMING
    The Common Thresher Shark a very strong swimmer and can even leap out of the water.

Just for your info, This type of shark is decreasing in population due to overfishing. (Shark's fin)
  • James Wang
    I remember I read something that it is a crossed between either a whale or dolphin with shark that is why it has downward lard pectoral fins and high back tail fin. Cant remember where is the report now. We wont dwell on CnR and CnK issues shall we? :)
  • UGSF
    liusamuel" said:
    we organised ourselves but currently all fully booked cos very popular boat man....the sea state is alittle rough and the total cost is ard 600+..
    Hi bro,
    Can you provide me the contact of the boatman? Your 600+ is incl of rtn airfare? What is the cost of the boat? If its not convenient for you to expose the contact, can you email to me at adrianlim07@yahoo.com

Thks !!

Cheers,
    shark07
  • liusamuel
    Zendorf" said:
    Thanx liusamuel for your info.
    BTW Thats is a Thresher Shark
    An Anatomy Pic is provided.

SIZE
    The Common Thresher shark ranges from 16.5 to 20 ft (5 to 6 m) long.

HABITAT AND DISTRIBUTION
    The Common Thresher Shark swims from the surface to a depth of about 1,150 feet (350 m). It lives in open tropical and temperate waters, including the eastern and western Atlantic, the central Pacific, and the Indo-west Pacific

TEETH AND DIET
    The Thresher eats squid and fish, corraling them with its elongated tail, stunning them with slaps from it, and catching them with its very sharp (but small) teeth.

SPEED AND SWIMMING
    The Common Thresher Shark a very strong swimmer and can even leap out of the water.

Just for your info, This type of shark is decreasing in population due to overfishing. (Shark's fin) :(
    This is what my research says. Sorry if you got Angry. Not on purpose. :roll:
    thanks bro...can understand why the population of such sharks are decreasing as the tail fin is so long and surely worth lots of money...this shark was caught by the boatamn so cant release..hehehe...
  • dtyr
    nice catch
This discussion has been closed.
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016